Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hot weather and the rut

Old 12-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Warm weather cannot stop the rut, however most of it seems to be done at night when this occurs. It can be very frustrating when this occurs, it seems like there is no rut at all.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to agree that the weather effects are more that they run more at night. This means they are bedded up more during the day if its warm....you get the occasional over achiever of course but the big boys probably lay low during the heat of the day ....think about all that running around they do. You know it wears them out in the heat....

Just think of it that way... makes sense doesn't it....I don't think the weather effects if they go in heat or not. But I could be wrong