HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Trail Camera Help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/376073-trail-camera-help.html)

wildlife_research 12-03-2012 08:32 AM

Trail Camera Help

need some help with a bushnell trophy cam hd (2012 model). we use the cameras for wildlife research in africa. we placed the camera in a forest and left it there for one week to get photos of wildlife. the camera took photos for several days, stopped for several days, and then took photos again until we retrieved it. checked all the settings and batteries are new. i have contacted bushnell and have yet to receive a response, so i thought i would search out people with more experience than we have. anyone have this issue?

wetley49 12-03-2012 02:53 PM

Any chance it could be getting moisture inside? My spypoint did the same thing.

Thunderchicken217 12-04-2012 04:15 AM

I know you said Africa but did the weather change over that period of time. If you have the settings for it set up for hot temps and then it cools off it can cause it to act up as well. Hope maybe this is it and an easy fix for you. Good luck and would love for you to post some of your pics you get from there.

fastetti 12-04-2012 06:25 PM

What sensitivity setting did you have it on? I keep mine on medium but with the higher temps you might need to put it on a higher sensitivity. I run two of the 2012 and really like them.

NebBuckHunter 12-05-2012 04:11 PM

Is it possible there just wasn't any animal movement for a few days?

wisbowhunter2009 12-06-2012 07:35 AM

If it's the $100 one take it back!!! My dad had the same one, well took them back and tried 2 others and did the same thing.. If it is the 100 dollar one then buy the more expensive one, try the $190 bushnell trophy cam. Because i've never had problems with any of them.

halfbakedi420 12-06-2012 08:18 AM

alot of these are good reasons, mine would be that maybe someone erased themselves from walking by on these cams?

fastetti 12-06-2012 03:06 PM

Wisconsinbowhunter, I don't think they make the 2012 HD in a $100 version unless you got a heck of a deal! :)

I would check the sensitivity, make sure you have a higher quality chip and check the batteries. Cheaper Chips and batteries don't work as well in the Bushnells. I use Lithium batteries and a either a Sandisk or Sony chip and haven't had any problems. My first 2012 HD has been out since August in 95 degrees to 10 degrees and I couldn't be more impressed!

Also, you could try posting this in the trail camera forum, there are a couple guys on there that are VERY knowledgable on Bushnell cameras. I only run 4 bushnells (old and new) but these guys run around 8 to 10. Good Luck!