Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Lure's that work!

Old 12-14-2012, 04:05 AM
Typical Buck

The only thing that seems to work for me are items with the word "Remington" or "Winchester" on them. Has worked for years.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

I dont know about everyone else but I have noticed that everytime I have killed a nice buck, I usually took a dump in the morning when I got up. Like others have said, scents, camo, rattling, and calls are all B.S.!!!! To consistently harvest a good buck, you have to be where they are and be quite and still. There is always a chance you can walk up and spook one, but then again there is always a chance you can win the lottery. I like to increase my odds the sinceible way. You see all these call and sents working on t.v. but what they dont tell you is that 99% of it is advertising crap that is filmed at a game farm. If you blow a call everytime you feed the deer of course you can get some footage of it coming to a call or even some scent or mock scrapes. I have horses, you can rattle a feed can and guess what, they will come running in.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Dominant Buck

I never killed a buck due to scents but have done so rattling and grunting. Most have been killed while still hunting and seeing them b-4 they see or smell me. Just a numbers game and the more time out there the better the chances. Same with rattling and grunting. Try it 10 times and you might not see anything but often a deer will have responded but circled downwind and then snuck off. Once in a while it has worked so I use it as just another play in the book and try it when the conditions are absolutely perfect. My "luck" has gotten much better since switching from a Silverado to an F150.