Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Ever hate yourself after killing a deer? >

Ever hate yourself after killing a deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ever hate yourself after killing a deer?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
"an ar with a carry handle will do that"

Do you call that a normal hunting setup which we keep talking about for God's sake, LOL! It's obvious you aren't going to admit you're wrong, so keep right on with your baloney!!!
12 high of course its not going to, i said 8 inches high is possible and if he was a little high at 25 12 inches could be possible you keep posting up with a 1.5 inch scope height always using it to your advantage on the number crunch why dont you give the guy the benefit if the doubt and crunch numbers with a 3 inch scope height, he did say his are very high 3 inches are about what see through scope rings are.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you haven't noticed yet, the guy was asked to come back on the thread by myself and several others to describe his setup so we could try to figure things out and help him. He hasn't been back on the thread and you're the only one that keeps coming back with all your theories and BS! Give it up please!!!

Today, 10:52 PM #105
Ridge Runner
Giant Nontypical

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

top won't give up till he's banned zrex
RR

In case you haven't noticed Mr RR, he's the one that keeps coming back with all his posts to me that I'm only responding to. I told him "end of discussion", but he just keeps flapping his gums. I know you don''t care for me and wondered why you hadn't been back on, but I guess when I caught you in your first response that was totally wrong about what I had posted trying to make me look bad you went and hid, LOL! You can take a hike too!!! I'm done with both of you. Happy Holidays!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-14-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
"an ar with a carry handle will do that"

Do you call that a normal hunting setup which we keep talking about for God's sake, LOL! It's obvious you aren't going to admit you're wrong, so keep right on with your baloney!!!
well i see a lot of wanna be militia on the internet using that exact setup for hunting
Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ridge Runner
Giant Nontypical

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

top for your info, I joined this sight in march 1998, the nov. 2003 was the last time the provider was changed so don't rag on me for 5000 posts, thats half as many a year as your average. reckon you just argue more. LOL!
RR

What the heck are you smoking tonight RR, as I've never mentioned your post count or anything else about when you joined this "SITE". Now who is just trying to make posts and who cares about post count anyway and this is a DEBATE!!! Now I am done so post whatever you want as there will be no more from me on this thread!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

rr i know your not one of the wannabes im talkin bout, lol
nice guns
Old 12-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
100 yd zero usually results in about 1.5 to 2 inches low at 25 yds,depending on scope height.
to move up 2 inches at 25 yds requires roughly an 8 inch moa bump up. so yes a 25 yd zero can be around 8 inches high at 100 yds if he shot 1 inch high at 25 yds he would be 12 inches high at 100yds the higher the scope the worse these numbers will be
i dont care what charts say, just try it, 100 yd sight in and your gun will shoot exactly what your scope height is low, at 25 yds. its called line of sight.
moa at 25 yds is 4 times what it is at 100 yds. to get a gun shooting 2 inches low at 25 yds zeroed , requires 4 times the amount of clicks in the scope as it does at 100 yds.
exactly what i said. i dont know why you all cant understand
lets say a gun zeroed at 100 yds and has a 2 inch scope height hits 2 inches low at 25 yds ok, now how many clicks would it take to zero that gun at 25 yds ? 4 per 1/4 inch right ? so it would take 32 clicks to come up 2 inches at 25 yds thats 8 moa up at 25 yds so now shoot the gun at 100 yds and you will 8 inches high.
we were already zero at 100 and we just bumped the scope 8 inches up just to be zero at 25 yds, get it ?
untill you actualy shoot the gun at both distances your guessing, those charts have been wrong for me, 25 yds has always been damn near the scope height low even though the calculator tells me different, 18 yds and its exactly the scope height low
without knowing where a gun hits at 25yds with a 100 yd zero were all guessing, without knowing his scope height were guessing again. if he had shoot through rings that could mean a 3inch scope height and if he miscalculated 20 yds for 25 yds is a big difference too, crunch the numbers on a 25 yd zero with 3inch scope rings
7 inches high at 100 yds a 20yd zero would be 10 inches high

1.5 scope height is pretty low
i have also heard a lot of people say 2 high at 25 yds puts you dead on at 100

Top, CHILL.

I know you don't think this is funny.

BUT: Just take a step back, a deep breath, count to 10, (or whatever)

AND go back over zrexpilot's body of work.
He's either yanking your chain or he don't know that he don't know.

Either way wrestling with pigs will get you muddy, too.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by compton82
Is it legal to have someone else tag a deer in for you in your state? Plus you missed 8 deer? Im thinking this has to be some kind of a joke to get a rise out of people.

If not, I would focus on practicing for a while and only take shots you are comfortable with.
AMEN ON THAT, 8 misses? You need some practice BRO!
Old 12-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Spike

Actually it was a good thing you missed or passed up on other bucks. At least you still had a buck tag in your pocket. What if you didn't then what?
Old 12-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ray

Originally Posted by RaySendero
Either way wrestling with pigs will get you muddy, too.
LOL Ray. But I need ten letters.