Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Come post pics of your first deer >

Come post pics of your first deer

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Come post pics of your first deer

Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Come post pics of your first deer

Everyone lets see how you did your first kill

Mine was a little doe that weighed 60 pounds when I was 8
Attached Thumbnails Come post pics of your first deer-image.jpg  
Old 12-01-2012, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

I don't have a picture anymore of my first deer, but it was when I was 20 and it was an 80lb doe.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Spike

I wishI id hvea picture of mine. Stil have the hons mounted on a plaque. It was a spike. Just turned 8. Long time ago lol
Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

Well you know that the little fragile youngster deer always taste the best and my first was no exception and I bet it bein MINE made it taste a lot better lol
Old 12-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Didnt start deer hunting until I was 22 as I mostly fished the first part of deer season and when the tournaments stopped in November it was time to get ready for duck season. When I finally did start deer hunting first one was a 130 pound 6 point. Didnt even have to really wait long either got him 3rd week of the season. I obviously let some does walk and then some 4 pointers and a few spikes because who wants their first deer to be small. I figured 6 was a nice starting point. Wish I let him walk as well cause then my first deer would have been an 8 cause I shot one from the same stand a week later. Still happy with a 6 though seeing how most of my friends' firsts were either does or spikes. Have the rack outside with the rest of them. Even though theres about 25-30 out there I can still pick mine out right away.

Last edited by thomasmgp; 12-01-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

10 point buck that I ran out of a cut corn field when I came out of the woods after an afternoon of squirrel hunting...It took a week and a half for him to return and when he did I shot him with a 55gr bullet from a 22-250...Killed him from the ground with my back to an old farm house...My dad let me off work each day to try to kill him...He passed away 4 years later...Sadly, we didn't take a pic, not sure if we had a camera as we hunted for the table, not for the wall...

This was in 1971...