Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help me

Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

Be a little bit glad you dont hammer the biggest thing youll ever see,what would you have to look forward to?are you enjoying the ride?thats what counts.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

Dont lose track of what a true trophy is,and thats a personal best.how else do you get to the top?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Yes thanks that helped a lot you have a great point and I love hunting its not about killing its about being in gods country
Old 12-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting

Hunt trophy areas. I hunt Catskills, NY and this place is 3 points on one side minimum. Let the younger deer walk.

Also: go up. Head to mountains and go up. Then hunt down. Bigger deer seek solitude after the rut. Down south this is later than up north.

Even during the rut, bigger deer will service does then go up, seeking the thermals to cross-wind a doe. If you are there before him, you stand a reasonable chance at a monster.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

I think your doing good now. But the only way to kill a big one, is to let the little guys go. but hey, go out and have fun hunting deer. Dont get to wrapped up in antler size yet.