Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Finally got my first deer.... Mixed emotion >

Finally got my first deer.... Mixed emotion

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finally got my first deer.... Mixed emotion

Old 11-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Spike

Finally got my first deer.... Mixed emotion-bb.jpg

Finally got my first deer.... Mixed emotion-bb2.jpg
Old 11-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats! Very cool!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say you did great. Be proud as a peacock!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

Don't worry about it. It's your first deer. Congrats! Time and experience will make you a better judge.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Smile

Originally Posted by joker80p
Nothing at all wrong with ur first deer. Looks like he'll be very tastety. Yeah your friends are going to rag you a little. I ragged my brother last weekend but that's what friends and family do lol. Still got him hanging in my fridge and can't wait till it's time to butcher. I did'nt rag him so much that he would'nt share the meat lol. Hey you can now say that your 1st deer was a buck! You'll never forget it. Congrats again and I hope that you have a great rest of the season. God bless.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:46 AM
Spike

Congrats, I'd feel the same way but it was a clean kill and legal so don't sweat it too bad.

If your buddies rag you too much tell them they'll be eating meat from the McDonalds drive thru
Old 11-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't sweat it. Nothing to get flamed over. Yes, you thought it was a young doe and not a young buck, but does that make your hunt any less of a challenge or any less successful or any less fun ? Not in my book. And for sure you just put some of the best meat that the forest has to offer in your freezer! Maybe the "big one" will ease by next time.

Congradulations.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

Nice shot by the way! yes my first deer was a forked spike with a smooth barrel 12 guage and I was PUMPED! Its always excited to get your first deer enjoy it! Now your hooked and there is no turning back... just wait till you get your first deer with a bow.... its a sickness really.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:21 AM
Spike

Thanks honestly I was a little afraid to use the shotgun. First I've never shot a gun from a tree stand and I was using it for bow its just a platform and seat no rail. The shotgun has no rifle sights just a front bead I didn't plan on using it but the deer I see are just out of now range. Everything worked well though. I was actually able to put one leg up near the seat to use as a rest. I sighted right down the rail put the bead on the shoulder and squeezed the trigger and froze. I watched him drop. After the shock of getting my first deer settled I ejected the case and put it in my pocket. I think I'm going to clean the skull and put the shell with it in a shadow box. A memory to be saved
Old 11-30-2012, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

That would be a neat thing to do with it. When your target shooting you notice the recoil because your thinking about it, however when in stand and staring at that deer the thought of the recoil goes away and you dont feel it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.