Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Finally got my first deer.... Mixed emotion >

Finally got my first deer.... Mixed emotion

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finally got my first deer.... Mixed emotion

Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

You should be proud of taking that deer no matter the size! I took my fiancé hunting Saturday and she got her first deer which was a very small doe. Everyone at camp congratulated her as if she killed the biggest buck of the year. just think about all the time and hard work you put into getting that deer and be proud you accomplished what you set out to do because some people never get a chance at one!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by joker80p
Thanks guys it's nice to have gotten that first one. It sure was a rush and great feeling to see that deer go down. Im not so mad it being a button buck as much as its a lot smaller than I thought it was. I was going to post a picture but I don't want to get flamed
Nothing to be ashamed of with your 1st deer. It's meat in the freezer and very good meat at that. My brother shot a button buck last weekend that he thought was a doe and he's been hunting for ten years now. It is hard to tell sometimes. Post a pic. You deserve it. You've work hard the last 4 years and you got ur 1st. Congrats!!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Spike

I was happy I think I just let my "friends" get to me. You know they had to poke fun. I put a lot more time and effort in this year compare to other years I actually saw a lot of bucks too. Never had a good shot at the others. This one gave me a comfortable shot I couldn't have asked for any more.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Spike

My first deer was a 3x0, but I still remember it better than any other.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your first.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on your first! My first was fawn as well. Post up them pics and be proud of them!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

congrats on your first deer, its still something to be proud of because you made a clean kill and nobody can ask for much more than that. Besides, now you can be better prepared to hunt bucks because you know what the rush feels like and might have a better idea of how to control it. I am a firm believer in letting first timers shoot a doe as their first deer because they are a great confidence builder (and they taste amazing), and you need as much confidence as you can get when it comes to hunting big whitetails.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Congrrats on your first deer. I'm sure it will be deliciousl
Old 11-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats, the first one will always be remembered for sure. I shot a few I thought were does and found out they were button bucks. Enjoy the meat.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first deer was a button buck and to be honest its the one deer I am most proud of. Shot him when I was 10 years old with a bow. Deer still had milk dripping off its nose but I couldn't care less. One of the greatest memories ever and I will remember it for a loooong time.

Dont be ashame of shooting a button buck. Especially for your first deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.