Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ever use a game hauler?

Old 09-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Default Ever use a game hauler?

The type having 2 bicycle type wheels. Getting tired of dragging deer but they look like they might not work well on a wet field or rough terrain. Any users here?
Old 09-16-2003, 05:37 PM

Default RE: Ever use a game hauler?

Cougar,
My brother and I made one useing some electrical tubeing and an old training wheel works great. The two wheel ones would probally work much better. I also have a plastic sled type one that I use most of the time because it is easyier to store in my truck. I just leave it rolled up in the back this way I' ll never forget it.
It is also suprisingly easy to drag a deer out of the woods by yourself with it, I would definitly recomend you giving it a try, I' ve had mine for about 7 years now and love it.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

We bought one last year, as we also got tired
of the dragging. Works great, though I haven' t
used it in a wet/muddy field yet. It' s nothing
like a ATV, but it' s a heck of a lot easier on
our backs than dragging.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been wondering about the game carts also, after dragging a few deer last year (non mine [:' (]) i thought they might be a nice investment. Cabela' s sells some with some Big size looking wheels on them, looks like they may be useful.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:24 PM

Just got one this summer at BPS Hunting Classic I got the Strongbuilt on sale for 79. It' s rated at 250# and seems to handle very nicely. I hunt by myself quite a bit and dragging one out by myself anymore just isn' t something I care to do[]
Old 09-16-2003, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the country we hunt in a wheeled carrier wouldn' t work , its just to steep and rough , but a sled works very well in a lot of the places to drag one . Last year we used a long nylon cord and the winches on the atv to get them out of the deep canyons ,and with the sled under them they slide pretty easy . Must be nice to huntin a country where you could use a wheel cart .
Old 09-17-2003, 05:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a hand truck I use that works great, it has inflatable tires that are nice and fat so no problems in mud and the such.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

I' ve used a homemade one that my buddy welded up. I' ll tell you, it beats the heck out of dragging a deer long distances. You just have to get the deer out to a trail of somesort becuase it' s no good at all in the thich bush. Once on the trail, you can go half a mile or more and not need a break with a 200+ lb deer on it.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

I spent $119.00 on one 3 seasons ago for the same reason. I' ve hauled out deer from rocky terrain, swamps, blowdown areas and goldenrod fields. THE BEST INVESTMENT I EVER MADE! I guess I forgot to add snow in there and the other thing that is just as great to me is that I use it to haul my treestands in and out. I can put my stand, bow, pack and climbing stick on and never have to carry all of that stuff again. Since I detest any ATV being in the woods during any hunting season I feel this is the best thing that' s come along in years.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just got one this summer, So far I' ve only used it to haul my tree stand and pack in and out, works great. Had a deer stand with in 5 feet of it looking at it and sniffing just about legal shooting time. Couldn' t make out if it was a doe or buck only 10 yds. So I guess there not afraid of them. Also have that plastic sled that cabellas sells. Great for hauling deer and gear, only I don' t like that ssssshhh sound it makes in the snow but sure makes life easy. especially when you start getting aches and pains in your joints and muscles.

Quick Reply: Ever use a game hauler?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.