Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ever been told no?

Old 11-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Terasec
you shot a dear 60 yds from a border you dont have access to.
and your blaming the land owner for wasting the deer?
You shot the deer, you wasted the deer, no one to blame but yourself,
what you can do is try to avoid that from happening in the future,
by like hunting further than 60 yds from property you dont have permission to enter.
So, maybe I should just resort to public land. The only private land I have access to is around 100 yds X 500 yds.

I'll accept some of the blame, but not all of it. I'd never have guessed that he'd be such a jerk about it.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some people are just aholes.... its amazing. I can understand an anti-hunter, but a hunter? Wow.
From the sounds of it, its unlikely that deer is very far onto his property. Drag him out and away you go. Personally, I'd go get it. Actually I probably would have gone and gotten it already. Good luck.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Terasec
you shot a dear 60 yds from a border you dont have access to.
and your blaming the land owner for wasting the deer?
You shot the deer, you wasted the deer, no one to blame but yourself,
what you can do is try to avoid that from happening in the future,
by like hunting further than 60 yds from property you dont have permission to enter.
I mean No Offense But What??????
Doc
Old 11-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

that really sucks, that guy has no personal kind of code to let an animal rot like that....if he was an anti i might understand it, but being a hunter is inexcuseable.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude!!! I think that neighbor is named Terasec, isn't he? I expect that the guy got the deer after you left. He doesn't hate deer, he just hates to have to hunt them on his own. Anyway, I would have jumped the fence after the deer without asking. Trespass law may be a lot stiffer in your state then they are in MO. You probably did right under the circumstances.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

I'm surprised the DNR didn't go with you to get it. That happened here once to someone I knew. He called the DNR officer and he went onto that subjects property and retrieved the deer for him. Landowner can't tell the DNR no.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

sounds like a nightime recon to me. go get him
Old 11-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

"I expect that the guy got the deer after you left. He doesn't hate deer, he just hates to have to hunt them on his own."
I was thinking the same thing. The guys within his legal rights. But, it's still against most people's sense of ethics. No need to protect his identity. Put his name out there in your community (and here of he's a hunter). Shame is a powerful motivator. And if he believes what he's doing is right, he shouldn't have any problem with anyone knowing about it, right? (And it's not defamation if it's true).
Old 11-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The guy is pissed probably because you killed a deer he may could have killed. More than likely he went looking for the deer himself. Probably told everybody he shot it. If a neighboring landowner shot a deer that died on my property and asked me if he could retrieve it, I would have no problem with it. I would help him find it. If he did it without asking me, I would be pissed.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by superstrutter
The guy is pissed probably because you killed a deer he may could have killed. More than likely he went looking for the deer himself. Probably told everybody he shot it. If a neighboring landowner shot a deer that died on my property and asked me if he could retrieve it, I would have no problem with it. I would help him find it. If he did it without asking me, I would be pissed.
People are so afraid of the 1 ahole saying no,
They disregard the rights and respect of the other 10-20 or so others that would say yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.