Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Touchy subject

Old 11-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by pyclub1
It's on the news. WEAU.COM... It bothers me that people constantly take advantage of the system and that's what is happening here. I wouldn't have a problem with it if they were on there own land and didn't do it on public land but no, that's not what most of them will do.. They will go on public land with spot lights, rifles, out of there trucks etc etc. I realize times have changed and they have guns, spotlights, trucks, bass boats that they spear from, I don't expect them to go out in birch bark canoes and use torches, I would however expect common sense to be a part of the " rituals " of the Native American tribes. I know it's not every Native American and have no problem with them being able to gun hunt for 4 months out of the year (when I can gun hunt for 9 days) have unlimited buck tags (when I get 2 a year) Get a bear tag every year (when I get one every 5-7 years) get multiple fisher tags every year ( when I get one every couple) Get to take by spearing hundreds of walleyes in the spring out of the lakes that aren't even open to me to fishing for walleyes until after the spawn because "we" are trying to protect the walleye numbers and when the season is open the size and bag limits are ridiculous, etc etc etc yup I guess I do have a problem with it......
Take advantage of the system? Are you freaking kidding me! The white man came to America, lied to them, killed them, raped their women and took their land. Not to mention the diseases that they were given. They deserve so much more than they are given and no one should have any complaints about it.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by supaflav
Take advantage of the system? Are you freaking kidding me! The white man came to America, lied to them, killed them, raped their women and took their land. Not to mention the diseases that they were given. They deserve so much more than they are given and no one should have any complaints about it.
Here is a question for ya....
Were the jewish lied to when they were brought to the Camp??...Just to be killed. Its pretty much the same aspect in a sense. I dont see them getting special attention for that horrible act.

At least HalfBaked wont be alone on idiot island, supflav can join him.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

I agree, i don't think it should be allowed. and as far as what happened way back then, well it had nothing to do with me, my father, my grandpa or great granpa. So no, I don't feel bad about it. it happened well get over it.

You want tragic, lets get a little more recent. There are people alive today that were in concentration camps waiting to be killed. 53,000 americans were killed in vietnam, 10 years of servicemen and women getting killed in the iraq and afganistan. corrupt govt and corporate greed.

sorry, it was 200 years ago. I am not going to apologize for what happened to the indians or with slavery, had nothing to do with me. I don't agree with how people were treated but there is nothing I could do to stop it.

Its time everyone just fall under the same rules as everyone else. I believe the time has come.

The company I work for and have been for 20 years, just took away medical ben. for retirees, half my retirement got wiped out, and no raises for the last 5 years. When will my special treatment come in.

Last edited by WNYhunter; 11-27-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Spike

Excellent post I couldnt agree more WNYhunter....
Old 11-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Spike

I was always taught that fairness was one of the things that america was founded on. I hardly see anything fair here. I had nothing to do with things that happend 200 years ago. Matter of fact no one alive did. So why should we have unfairness because of it. I could go on and on about groups that don't pay income or property taxes because of their beliefs. My uncle was at Chosin in Korea. Shot through both hips,had the hospital plane shot down that he was on,watched wounded soldiers slaughtered by the chinese. He never got any special treatment. I agree the time has come.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Simply exercising what was in the treaty the US government agreed to when both sides signed. No special treatment has been added - the government is for once keeping their word.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Typical Buck

yea well, when I signd on to work here you needed 85 points (age + years of service) to retire at 100% with medical for you and spouse along with a death beneifit. Then they changed it to 85 points but you had to 60 years old to get it. Then they took away spousal benefits. Now they just took away my benefits when I retire.

So you know what, things change. Tough. Mabey its time to just throw out those treaties because none of the people that were screwed over are alive to complain about it. As far as I am concerened, indians have a choice, live on the rez and get the handouts or leace and do it yourself like alot of other people do. One thing is for sure, I dont have a rez to fall back on.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:46 AM
Fork Horn

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes the bug, and 90% of that luck comes with where and into what family you were born. We all get 'special treatment', mostly meh, alot bad.

The only thing we are all guaranteed from birth is death. Accept that fact and get on with enjoying your life.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:12 AM
Fork Horn

Yes Terrible things happened to native americans, blacks and whoever else stood in the early americans way but face it.... all those people now live in the greatest country in the world. If you don't like let me know and I will personally buy you a one way ticket anywhere else
Old 11-28-2012, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
sometimes you have to get over yourself and realize the ultimate price these peoples ancestors have paid....maybe if someone came in and killed almost all of yer ancestors off, killed all the animals and destroyed the land where your people once thrived, you might feel different. the fact you even get a tag every 7 years is a plus. just try and be thankful that our ancestors killed off as many native americans as possible...destroyed and killed all the wild buffalo just for fun...so you could get a tag every 7 years
doesnt sound all that awesome does it?
"the ultimate price these peoples ancestors have paid ...."
Really.
How about the price MY ANCESTORS PAID TO KEEP THEM FREE !?
History says they got screwed...........true.
History also says.........every country ever over run, occupied and kept in war isn't right, but it happens. Just so happens they had buffalo.
NO different then Hitler tearing up Europe. Differnce is.....Europeans got on with life, and don't get everything for free because of the "other white men" the Germans.
I too think the Indians got screwed, but you can't change that. Isn't free hunting licenses, and no taxes enough !? Sounds good to me !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.