Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Is this a Freak or Camera trick >

Is this a Freak or Camera trick

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is this a Freak or Camera trick

Old 11-26-2012, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Is this a Freak or Camera trick

Got these pictures this past week on a hunting lease in eastern KY. Its a main frame 8 with a sticker on the one side. He was in there three different nights and multiple times each night. There are several scrapes in the area so I am thinking he came to the camera, checked out the scrapes then came back. What i can tell is ihe really THAT big?! he looks huge in the pictures but I am not sure i have ever seen an 8 poiner that wide. It may be a camera trick mixed with buck fever but what do you think? He also looks pretty old to me, but I will leave the guessing up to you because once they get past 4.5 I don't have a clue. Sorry about the crappy pictures i had to snap a picture of the computer screen. Sorry about the bad angle i'll reattached right side up!
Attached Thumbnails Is this a Freak or Camera trick-big.jpg   Is this a Freak or Camera trick-big2.jpg   Is this a Freak or Camera trick-big3.jpg  

Last edited by AquamanPSD; 11-26-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks like you wont ever lay yer eyes upon him ever. he got this big cause he works the nite train. real nice buck though, maybe just look for the sheds, those will be trophys too.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default fixed pictures

Sorry here are the pictures upright
Attached Thumbnails Is this a Freak or Camera trick-big.jpg   Is this a Freak or Camera trick-big2.jpg   Is this a Freak or Camera trick-big3.jpg  
Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

I thought that too but we have pictures of him at 6:55 at night and also 6:34 in the morning. THat is right after and right before shooting light. There is always a hope. I have had coytoes scare bucks right too me before and I have stumbled upon them bedded down before as well. It would take a touch from God him self to tag this buck but stranger things have happened.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

good luck..hope u get him!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

In the middle picture he looks like a 9pt????Good luck and hope you get him. I dont think its a camera trick.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best way to get him will be most likely before the rut when he is in his feeding pattern and find where he is feeding and bedding and get between them in a spot that would put him there closest to shooting hours. If you don't get him the first 1-3 days of your set you probably won't get him.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, it's not a camera trick at all, that's a WIDE 8pt!!! Good luck getting a shot at that bad boy.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

agree thats a hogg of a eight point!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

good luck thats an awesome buck for sure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.