Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dear Dog Hunters

Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DeppedyDogg
So what, you're different from everyone else in that YOU don't have problems? Did you make yourself feel better now Charlie?

Yeah Right. Go ahead, flame away. Just don't pretend you aren't trying to bully. No one's buying your brand of bullsh!t. At least, I'm not.

If you don't consider hunting work, maybe YOU'RE the one who has problems. Providing for one's family is work. I do that through earning a paycheck and hunting. Tell me the difference in real terms, not aesthetically pleasing terms.
I misread part of your post. I agree with part of your post. Hunting is work to me and YES I have lots of problems right now. But the problems will go away and hunting will become more enjoyable again.

Last edited by shooter50; 12-13-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Misread Part of the Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Jim Burns
Here you go, you will see your state is one that allows people to go on your property to retrive dogs, with or without premission.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6671904_cri...sing-laws.html

Many states have exceptions that allow hunters to go onto private land. For example, hunters are allowed to go onto private land to retrieve hunting dogs in Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota and Virginia. Hunters can enter private land to bring back wounded game in Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota and North Dakota.

Read more: Criminal Trespassing Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6671904_cri...#ixzz2Eqbvkexb

Also in Virginia your property has to be clearly marked with a specific color, just like in Idaho. Idaho has to be marked a minium of a 100 square inches of florecent orange paint every 660 feet along the borders, if it isnt marked you can go on it even if it is fenced off, I dont know exactly how your laws are but I do know they have to be clearly marked as well.

Many states require the property owner to post a notice to stay off the property. Posted notices must be in purple paint in Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, and Kansas. Posted notices in other specific colors are required in Arizona, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Nevada, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Read more: Criminal Trespassing Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6671904_cri...#ixzz2EqcVovzs
True, but not entirely true. I took this out of the VDIGF rules and regs directly.

Hunting with Dogs
•Dogs may be used to pursue wild birds and animals during hunting seasons where not prohibited.
•Section 18.2-136 of the Code of Virginia decriminalizes trespass in certain instances related to dog retrieval. That section provides: "Fox hunters and coon hunters, when the chase begins on other lands, may follow their dogs on prohibited lands, and hunters of all other game, when the chase begins on other lands, may go upon prohibited lands to retrieve their dogs, falcons, hawks, or owls, but may not carry firearms or bow and arrows on their person or hunt any game while thereon. The use of vehicles to retrieve dogs, falcons, hawks, or owls on prohibiteds lands shall be allowed only with the permission of the landowner or his agent. Any person who goes on prohibited lands to retrieve his dogs, falcons, hawks, or owls pursuant to this section and who willfully refuses to identify himself when requested by the landowner or his agent to do so is guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor."
Old 12-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Spike

Mr. Burns, You say here about the markings every 660 feet or so. Tell that to the game warden that was on my property the other weekend. I can give you his number if you like. One thing about the rules and regs in VA is that they are written in a fashion that is not completly clear. I have had to call many times on different topics just to make certain I was legal in my hunt.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Guess you missed this Deppedy. I was poking some fun at shooter after he took a shot at me.

Sure I have problems, trying to regulate what others do on their day off because of what I belive isn't one of them.

Now as far as......
"the bible should have nothing to do with game laws it should be a personal choice" if the Bible has nothing to do with your personal choices than you have personal problems.
No I don't consider hunting or fishing work. I consider it pure enjoyment. I could spend the time I enjoy out in the woods doing extra paid work and provide more for my family then I do hunting. I'm in the woods enjoying myself. Many people hunt all season and kill nothing what are they providing for their family?

Thanks Deppedy! Atleast everybody is just trying to flame me.
Huh?

Last edited by Charlie P; 12-13-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shooter50....sorry about your Father and Grandfather.....GOD Bless All of You....
Old 12-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by shooter50
I was hoping the Sunday hunting thing wasn't going to come back up. I am a proud VA hunter which happens to believe Sunday's should remain a day of peace = No Hunting On Sundays. I am no Bible thumper, but I know the bible says Sunday is a day of peace/rest. I believe in GOD and everything in the Bible. Hunting should not be allowed in VA on Sundays because it is work. Anybody that says hunting isn't work is lying thru their teeth. If it's not than your not hunting....your a wanna be......or some spoiled person who has prime property where you do more "killing" than you do "hunting". And personally killing on a Sunday seems appauling to me.
Tell you what Shooter50, deer hunting or any type of hunting for that matter, in my mind and for most everyone I know that hunts, it is a passion!!!! It is an honorable tradition past down to me from my father that I have grown to love and respect. I look for every chance to get out in the woods that I can. I fill my freezer with everything form frog legs to whitetail deer and everything in between!!! Don't sit there and hide behind GOD and say that, "hunting is work". You're full of crap. When was the last time you said to yourself, "Damn, I have to go hunting again!!??"? NEVER! If you are religious, then fine, go to church, beleive in your faith, but don't fill the bunny huggers heads with nonsense that hunting is anything like work. It is a choice to any sportsman who appreciates nature and the hunt and the animal that you hunt. Is there work involved after taking an animal? YES there is. Is there a process that you have to go through in order to get the meat? Yes there is, but that doesn't give a religious person the right to tell me not to hunt on Sundays, just as much as I don't have the right to tell you to belive in your faith. Opinions are great because it enlightens people who may not ever think outside the box. Forums like this are great for the venue, but don't ever force your beliefs down my throat and tell me what I am doing is against GOD and that it's work!!!!!~!!!!Tell you what, I'll switch my schedule and go hunting five days a week and work one day a week. Walk a mile in my shoes and then tell me what I have to do or not do because someone's beliefs get in the way. I'll be damned!! I've experienced enough in this hell hole called earth to know that I need to make the most of E_V_E_R_Y_D_A_Y and if GOD wants what is best for his chioldren then he would not mind me hunting on Sunday's. "“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime"
Old 12-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Spike

Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cpljbuck
Tell you what Shooter50, deer hunting or any type of hunting for that matter, in my mind and for most everyone I know that hunts, it is a passion!!!! It is an honorable tradition past down to me from my father that I have grown to love and respect. I look for every chance to get out in the woods that I can. I fill my freezer with everything form frog legs to whitetail deer and everything in between!!! Don't sit there and hide behind GOD and say that, "hunting is work". You're full of crap. When was the last time you said to yourself, "Damn, I have to go hunting again!!??"? NEVER! If you are religious, then fine, go to church, beleive in your faith, but don't fill the bunny huggers heads with nonsense that hunting is anything like work. It is a choice to any sportsman who appreciates nature and the hunt and the animal that you hunt. Is there work involved after taking an animal? YES there is. Is there a process that you have to go through in order to get the meat? Yes there is, but that doesn't give a religious person the right to tell me not to hunt on Sundays, just as much as I don't have the right to tell you to belive in your faith. Opinions are great because it enlightens people who may not ever think outside the box. Forums like this are great for the venue, but don't ever force your beliefs down my throat and tell me what I am doing is against GOD and that it's work!!!!!~!!!!Tell you what, I'll switch my schedule and go hunting five days a week and work one day a week. Walk a mile in my shoes and then tell me what I have to do or not do because someone's beliefs get in the way. I'll be damned!! I've experienced enough in this hell hole called earth to know that I need to make the most of E_V_E_R_Y_D_A_Y and if GOD wants what is best for his chioldren then he would not mind me hunting on Sunday's. "“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime"
Nicely said.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cpljbuck
First off you need to go thru and read my post again.....I wasn't pushing my beliefs on anyone.....I was only stating my opinions!

I am not hiding behind GOD I just feel (my opinion once again) that hunting should not be allowed on Sunday. My beliefs not yours. Hunting is work to ME. It is also a passion or I wouldn't do it with all the other things I have going on. I was taught to hunt with my father and this my be my last season hunting with him so this season was kind of bitter sweet.

I am just a regular guy who just happens to believe in GOD and feels that hunting should not be allowed on Sunday.....my beliefs.....thats it! You guys who are always whining about not being allowed to hunt on Sunday get so bent out if someone dosen't agree with you. Like I said in other post....if VA passes it and I believe they eventually will......go hunting......I won't......it's that simple.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'v never found hunting to be work either....it might be a pain in the ass getting up at 3:30 in the morning but that's just part of hunting ....and sitting in a stand when it's 30 out with the wind blowing isn't all that much fun....but if I didn't have a passion to do it I wouldn't get up and go hunting......I think the only thing I consider work when it comes to hunting is doing my own butchering....that sometimes seem like work....but then again I'm glad and lucky I have my Wife and Son to help....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.