Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dear Dog Hunters

Old 12-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by shooter50
Coon hunting because they only (for the most part) come out at night. So you gotta tree them and hit them with the light to see them. And it's small game.....who gives a flip how you hunt them. Dog hunters can shoot them all for all I care they don't peoples freezers in the fall who depend on it. Hell I will throw in squirrels too.
Really? So you approve of hunting at night with a light.
Next time you think about shooting someones dogs, you might want to concider this.

This is off a link you ought to read about hound hunting.

http://www.responsivemanagement.com/...ech_Report.pdf

"Economic Values Unique to Hound-Hunting
Quantifying economic impact of hound-hunting is complicated due to a lack of specific data on
financial investments and expenses incurred by hunters. Hound-hunters purchase special
equipment, in addition to purchasing and maintaining hunting hounds. The purchase, sale,
training, and maintenance of hounds require large investments of time and money (Elowe 1990).
In Vermont, bear dogs were valued as high as $3,000 to $5,000 each 30 years ago (Willey 1980)."

And you wander why those guys wanted to take turns kicking your butt? I think I would have done the same. Hound hunters invest more in there time, equipment and dogs than most people do in 10-15 years of hunting. They encounter people like you and then people wander why hound hunters have a bad attitude towards others. Go figure!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jim Burns
Does it say after you find your dog you can go hunting? Maybe Im missing something or just maybe you are full of crap. I guess if you have lost dogs or wounded game you should wait till monday to find them. Give me a break!!!
You are missing something.....THE POINT...Sunday Hunting...you CAN'T do it in VA..... And the VAHDA a DOG HUNTING ORGANIZATION is AGAINST IT.....They say SUNDAY is A DAY OF REST.......but you CAN LOOK FOR LOST DOGS ON SUNDAY.....
As I said....how is that resting on Sunday if your out in the woods walking around looking for your lost dogs...hypocrites......

Now if you can't understand that then you have a reading comprehension problem......
Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as a unfair advantage of shooting a defensless bear out of a tree, what is the difference in you being in a tree and shooting a deffensless animal on the ground. When you look at it, all hunting is a unfair advantage, the animals arnt armed, they are not aware they are being hunted, when they are being pursued by hounds they know they are being hunted...If you want to make it fair build your own bow, chip your own arrowheads, spot a buck run out there and yell at it and then go hunt it. Now you are on a level playing field, the animal is aware you are out to kill it.
Absolutely absurd. Not surprising from someone who said they've never been able to sneak up on a deer. Can't prove you said it because you deleted it from the "Wading a creek" thread.

You think VHDA members aren't out fishing on Sundays in the spring and summer? LOL!! They want Sundays to recover their dogs, and they don't want others hunting while their busy doing it!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by brewman555
You are missing something.....THE POINT...Sunday Hunting...you CAN'T do it in VA..... And the VAHDA a DOG HUNTING ORGANIZATION is AGAINST IT.....They say SUNDAY is A DAY OF REST.......but you CAN LOOK FOR LOST DOGS ON SUNDAY.....
As I said....how is that resting on Sunday if your out in the woods walking around looking for your lost dogs...hypocrites......

Now if you can't understand that then you have a reading comprehension problem......
It is first and foremost an expression of the vast majority of our
membership, even though all may not subscribe to all of the stated reasons in this paper.
1. The first and foremost reason is our faith. The Fourth Commandment is
reason enough to oppose hunting on Sunday.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is first and foremost an expression of the vast majority of our
membership, even though all may not subscribe to all of the stated reasons in this paper.
1. The first and foremost reason is our faith. The Fourth Commandment is
reason enough to oppose hunting on Sunday.
So don't go hunting on Sunday.....Just don't STOP me and everyone else that wants to......
Your attitude is why many hunters that don't use dogs want to ban dog hunting.....
Sunday Hunting will happen in Virginia.....
Old 12-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
Absolutely absurd. Not surprising from someone who said they've never been able to sneak up on a deer. Can't prove you said it because you deleted it from the "Wading a creek" thread.

You think VHDA members aren't out fishing on Sundays in the spring and summer? LOL!! They want Sundays to recover their dogs, and they don't want others hunting while their busy doing it!
And this coming from someone that is asking people on the internet how to get a deer? I tagged out this year, how about you? Obviously not or you wouldnt be asking dumb questions and using hound hunters as a excuse why so are eating tag soup this year. I did kill a big buck this year, and without hounds, just like I have been doing for the last 30+ years.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by brewman555
So don't go hunting on Sunday.....Just don't STOP me and everyone else that wants to......
Your attitude is why many hunters that don't use dogs want to ban dog hunting.....
Sunday Hunting will happen in Virginia.....
And when they ban hound hunting they will be comeing after your way next, and me and alot of other hound hunters will be on there side, obviously you are siding with the antis.. so if we cant hunt our way neither will you. Get it?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

JB keeps on going back and forth. First he would shoot anyone that shoots his dog. The context there was largely a response to those talking about dogs trespassing on their own property. Then he changed it and said he would shoot someone for shooting his dogs on property he has access to hunt (because that makes it OK). Then he said it would be a choice between bullet and an ass whooping.

I believe somewhere in these 15 pages he said he respects property rights. But now he says Shooter50 didn't have a right to kill that bear that was treed on his own property. And again, it's about money. You see, those trespassing dog hunters have more rights than the property owner whose land they are trespassing upon. Because their dogs and equipment cost a lot.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Really? So you approve of hunting at night with a light.
Next time you think about shooting someones dogs, you might want to concider this.

This is off a link you ought to read about hound hunting.

http://www.responsivemanagement.com/...ech_Report.pdf

"Economic Values Unique to Hound-Hunting
Quantifying economic impact of hound-hunting is complicated due to a lack of specific data on
financial investments and expenses incurred by hunters. Hound-hunters purchase special
equipment, in addition to purchasing and maintaining hunting hounds. The purchase, sale,
training, and maintenance of hounds require large investments of time and money (Elowe 1990).
In Vermont, bear dogs were valued as high as $3,000 to $5,000 each 30 years ago (Willey 1980)."

And you wander why those guys wanted to take turns kicking your butt? I think I would have done the same. Hound hunters invest more in there time, equipment and dogs than most people do in 10-15 years of hunting. They encounter people like you and then people wander why hound hunters have a bad attitude towards others. Go figure!!!

What about my valuable vacation time I take from work when I could have used it any time during the year and I wait all year to use it it November and my day is ruined by dog hunters? And if your stupid enough to spend $5k for a dog than you deserve to be shot yourself because those genes don't need to get passed along! And what you still have to train the dog, buy equipment, spend time, and feed the bastard??? for $5K it should beable to do more than chase a bear or deer.....It should be able to pour me a glass of tea and type this message for me! And yes for coon hunting you hunt at night with a light....common practice.....small game animal.....different than bear or deer hunting and don't say it is the same as it is not. I would be willing to bet small game hunters "only" make up less than 15% of the general hunter population in VA. Also that was not the only time a "group" of dog hunters threatened me in the mountains, but I can assure you none of them attempted anything because they knew what they were going to get of course holding a loaded rifle may have persuaded them as well. I run into hunters all the time in the woods. We shoot the breeze and share stories even if we walk up on one another and even if it makes you mad you just get over it. Dog hunters get all bent out of shape when I attempt to inform them they are hunting private land and they need to get off the property and then I have to hear the same ole stories I have heard plenty of times. Thats when I have to inform them I am calling the game warden (land owners rules-not mine) and then the threats start. And then after my mouth starts running they end up running away with their tails tucked between there legs lol. Kind of like there dogs!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
JB keeps on going back and forth. First he would shoot anyone that shoots his dog. The context there was largely a response to those talking about dogs trespassing on their own property. Then he changed it and said he would shoot someone for shooting his dogs on property he has access to hunt (because that makes it OK). Then he said it would be a choice between bullet and an ass whooping.

I believe somewhere in these 15 pages he said he respects property rights. But now he says Shooter50 didn't have a right to kill that bear that was treed on his own property. And again, it's about money. You see, those trespassing dog hunters have more rights than the property owner whose land they are trespassing upon. Because their dogs and equipment cost a lot.
Exactly....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.