Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!? >

Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Old 11-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Lol Dont get your panties in a knot,your entitled to your opinion.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

I guess if your desperate to shoot something....
Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

well here in new york it is the law that the "killing" shot gets the deer. So if you double lung a deer and it runs to another guy and he shoots it in the hoof and the deer falls over dead it is his deer. by law and theres nothing you can do about it.

On my land, my rule is 1st killing shot in the vitals. heart, lung, liver you get the idea. Yea a gut shot will kill the deer, but good luck tracking it.

And for the ones sticking up for the 4 guys, are you kidding me. mabey they should learn to shoot better. Killing a deer isnt all that hard you just have to hit them in the right place, not opinion, its a fact
Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Skinner, you might not understand.

Its not about being desperate to shoot any animal.

How am I to know. That an animal I see and shoot, may have been previously shot by another hunter? I can't, until I kill that animal, and begin dressing it.
Only at that point, can I assess whether or not this animal has already been shot.

Either way, if I make the killing shot. That animal belongs to me. Now, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with another gun totin' know it all.

However, I may ask what claim they have to the carcass. Since I made the killing shot.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

I understand where your comeing from we just see it diffrent,the way we look at it is if the deer is already wounded you were not 100 percent responsable for havesting it.you cant prove that it would have resulted in irs death any differnt but it does add a factor.to each their own the way we do it has always worked out.not that it has happened that much but after 30 years of hunting chit does happen and if it never has to you well...you just havent hunted enough.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

From a moral standpoint we would just consider it helping a guy out get his deer.but i guess there isnt a whole lot of that anymore.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:12 AM
Fork Horn

I've always looked at it as the guy who drops it should be the guy who tags it.

What would I do? In all likelihood, I'd let them have it, sounds like they need it more than I do. It's not worth dying or going to jail over, an angry confrontation with loaded guns probably will never end well.

What would I like to do? Better not say....
Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by skinnnner
Around here if its on public land we go on the who drew first blood as the rule,we find it kind of hard to consider it fair chase if its already got a bullet hole in it

That may be your rule but I have never heard it that way...it is always the fatal shot. Whoever kills the deer gets the deer...an injured deer is not dead...have seen many healed old wounds on deer.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

I believe most states follow the fatal shot rule. There's a good reason for it. If you are hunting and you see a wounded animal, and the deer belongs to the person who drew first blood, and you don't see or hear anyone coming, what do you do? 1) not shoot the deer, and leave a wounded animal to suffer and probably die later in the woods; 2) shoot the deer and leave it lay, not knowing whether anyone will ever track it down and claim it; or 3) shoot it and take it home and eat it. The only rule that allows for the last option is the fatal shot rule, and the last option is the one that best insures the deer does not continue to suffer and/or go to waste.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Spike

Default Story in todays paper

This was in my local paper this morning, kind of relates to this thread. This incident took place about 20 miles from where I live
Attached Thumbnails Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!?-dscn1773.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.