Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!? >

Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default They stole the deer

Did they steal the guy's rifle he used to shoot the deer?
Old 04-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Spike

If I heard another hunter shoot, and then shot the deer they had already hit, I probably wouldn't quickly gut and tag the deer and then hightail it out of the woods. By doing so, he made the 4 hunters think he was intentionally stealing their deer.

Based on the original story, the 4 hunters must not have tracked it very far/long. So why wouldn't the second shooter have just waited a little while before tagging it?

I don't agree at all with the 4 hunters ripping a tag off the deer, but I also think it was a little shady of the second hunter to not even wait to provide an explanation to the original shooter.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=deerchump;4050388]If I heard another hunter shoot, and then shot the deer they had already hit, I probably wouldn't quickly gut and tag the deer and then hightail it out of the woods. By doing so, he made the 4 hunters think he was intentionally stealing their deer.

Based on the original story, the 4 hunters must not have tracked it very far/long. So why wouldn't the second shooter have just waited a little while before tagging it?

I don't agree at all with the 4 hunters ripping a tag off the deer, but I also think it was a little shady of the second hunter to not even wait to provide an explanation to the original

X2
Old 05-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by deernutz
I'm still gonna go with my first post. While I feel for both because they both feel they have the right to the deer. If I shoot a deer and it doesn't go down. I want to be able to track and make the kill shot. Now if someone shoots it while I'm giving 100% trying to get the deer down. I would thank him for his help and offer half the meat to him in thanks. I agree with the kansas law. My father who is now gone was an amazing person. A couple years before he passed my cousin shot an 8-pointer didnt drop it. It ran to him and he finished off for my cousin. He was happy to help my young cousin get the deer. He felt no ownership towards that buck.
Yup! If you shoot an animal, you should be given a reasonable amount of time to fully track and harvest the animal.

If someone else shoots/kills it while i'm still tracking it, I'd thanks them for the help and would offer them something for their time.

But if I can't find my animal within 5-8 hours (not sure if that's reasonable or not) have passed and someone else kills it and I happen to eventually find it, I'd congratulate them on the kill and move on!

This/my opinion is coming from someone who has never actually hunted before but will be learning as much as I can this 1st season so please don't flame me too hard )

I would think it would be called respect for your fellow hunter!

At the end of the day, it's not the last animal on the planet. No need to act like children.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I could I would call the Game Warden or get their plate #. Whats right? I can see both sides....but to rip a tag off and take a deer is totally wrong IMO...sometimes its best to let the GW do their job. I love deer hunting but im not going to jail for one...