Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finally found him!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Spike

Nice find, what a great looking rack! Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm real glad you found that MONSTER! I'd have been sick over loosing that animal, as he's a once in a lifetime buck for most hunters. As far as the gut shot goes, if you haven't had this happen to you, then you haven't been hunting long enough.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Glad you found him. Might want to see if there is a tracking dog available. They can make the tracking job go a lot faster. Here is a link to the ohio trackers listed on the UBT web site. http://www.unitedbloodtrackers.org/i...trackers&st=oh

Good luck, hope yall find your buddies deer.

Ken
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome rack glad you found him.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by wildlands
Glad you found him. Might want to see if there is a tracking dog available. They can make the tracking job go a lot faster. Here is a link to the ohio trackers listed on the UBT web site. http://www.unitedbloodtrackers.org/i...trackers&st=oh

Good luck, hope yall find your buddies deer.

Ken

Thanks for the link! I have been trying to find a tracking dog in our area and there is actually a guy listed in the town right next to us. I appreciate it.

We went back out yesterday and found my buddy's deer about 30 yds past mine! Unreal.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tracked the buddies over a 1/3 of a mile on a perfect hit?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Tracked the buddies over a 1/3 of a mile on a perfect hit?

1/3 of a mile may have been a stretch. My buddy took out a lung but the deer ran surprisingly far...Much farther than we thought he ever could've made it for sure. He knew where he felt secure in his bedding ground and didn't stop running til he got there. We were amazed.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

great deer! out of all the deer i shot with my bow i gut shot two of them. people say back out, i don't when its about freezing. I want the meat. the deer i've got shot i follow what blood there is an still hunt them. I got to make follow up shots on both while laying down. . If you know how to still hunt i think its a good way to get them if you know your area and where they are most likely to go. Lets see how many people bash me for not backing out... again great buck!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Spike

Awesome story!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Spike

Good ending for both of you!! Now try to shoot some yote's during gun season Monday!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.