Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finally found him!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Spike

Default Finally found him!!!!!!!!!

So the weekend of September 29th (opening weekend in Ohio) I busted this buck but realized I gut shot him. I posted on here asking for advice and after 32 hours of actual time in the woods searching for my deer I decided to call it quits and pray he would show up on a camera again...never happened. Fast forward to this weekend. We were bow hunting and my buddy busted the next biggest buck on the hit list. We tracked the deer with a solid blood trail for over 1/3 of a mile then noticed a rack sticking out above the grass. Excited, we ran over to the deer thinking it was my buddies and low and behold it was my deer! 7 weeks to the day! My buddy's deer's blood trail led me right to my buck! Finally some closure. It was driving me insane! We are heading back out tomorrow to finish the search for his. Confident we'll find him...
Attached Thumbnails Finally found him!!!!!!!!!-photo.jpg   Finally found him!!!!!!!!!-sunp0029_2.jpg  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Fork Horn

Nice buck, glad you found him. Lost one myself, never did find him, made me sick.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DCFD3512
So the weekend of September 29th (opening weekend in Ohio) I busted this buck but realized I gut shot him. I posted on here asking for advice and after 32 hours of actual time in the woods searching for my deer I decided to call it quits and pray he would show up on a camera again...never happened. Fast forward to this weekend. We were bow hunting and my buddy busted the next biggest buck on the hit list. We tracked the deer with a solid blood trail for over 1/3 of a mile then noticed a rack sticking out above the grass. Excited, we ran over to the deer thinking it was my buddies and low and behold it was my deer! 7 weeks to the day! My buddy's deer's blood trail led me right to my buck! Finally some closure. It was driving me insane! We are heading back out tomorrow to finish the search for his. Confident we'll find him...
What a buck! How close did you ever get to him on your earlier tracking?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like you both need to take a year off and just practice..sry to be an a hole. it is a nice frigen rack though.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Its a shame to kill a buck that big and all you get is some nice rattleing antlers or a skull mount. Heck of a nice deer though! hope yo buddy finds his, hopefully he didn't gut shoot it as well or your in for another long one!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on finding him. Nice buck.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
sounds like you both need to take a year off and just practice..sry to be an a hole. it is a nice frigen rack though.

Whatever man. You have no idea how much I practice or how good of a shot I am. Bottom line sheit happens and NO ONE....NO ONE makes a perfect shot every time. I did gut shoot my deer but again sheit happens. My buddy made a perfect shot. Solid blood trail and hacking up lung tissue the whole way. Both deer ran into the swamps which makes it VERY hard to stay on blood. His buck is dead. We know the general area. It's thick, wet, and full of brush. Not every track job is a picture perfect scenario either. Every situation is different. So before you get on here spouting off about people's shooting ability maybe you need to get a little more info first. I've been shooting for over 20 years and would put my shooting ability up against yours any day.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
What a buck! How close did you ever get to him on your earlier tracking?

Thank you. I'm very glad to have some closure. It's been haunting me for the last 7 weeks. He only ran about 300 yds from my stand but straight down into the swamps. We had a feeling that's where he went and spent tons of time down in there. We probly walked within 20 yds of him multiple times just couldn't see him because the weeds and brush is so high. The fact we stumbled upon him like that is an absolute miracle. Literally over 32 hours in the woods searching.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Nice buck. How'd the search for your friends buck go?
-Jake
Old 11-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DCFD3512
Whatever man. You have no idea how much I practice or how good of a shot I am. Bottom line sheit happens and NO ONE....NO ONE makes a perfect shot every time. I did gut shoot my deer but again sheit happens. My buddy made a perfect shot. Solid blood trail and hacking up lung tissue the whole way. Both deer ran into the swamps which makes it VERY hard to stay on blood. His buck is dead. We know the general area. It's thick, wet, and full of brush. Not every track job is a picture perfect scenario either. Every situation is different. So before you get on here spouting off about people's shooting ability maybe you need to get a little more info first. I've been shooting for over 20 years and would put my shooting ability up against yours any day.
on the contrary you just told us. i said it was a nice rack? yer buddy made a perfect shot? how do you know? yall found that one yet? perfect shot on a deer it goes 20 yards or less. i aint bagging you. just some friendly advise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.