Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

treestand hunting

Old 11-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

You would NEVER catch me in a stand. I sit on a log. sit on a rock, tree stump, whatever. I even sleep on a log.

Sure it cost me a few deer, but who cares.

and I can't sit for more than 3 hours. I need to move around. can't do that in a stand.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Safety harness?

Originally Posted by bigmster127
i see a topic come up here often with treestands and blinds. people like blinds and dont like treestands and vice versa. a problem that i have is i dont like treestand heights. i will get in a treestand, but i just start shaking takes me a bit to calm down. my question is has anybody tried overcoming this and what did they do? thanks for any input. i would guess one would be practice during summer with treestand near house but is there other ways?
When do you put on your harness?
Old 11-22-2012, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

Yup, wear a harness, and try a ladder stand. I'm afraid of heights, but the harness makes me feel much better. Also,the more I'm in the stand, the less afraid I am.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Fork Horn

Ladder stand with a shooting rail that comes down and wraps around you. Makes you feel very secure. Heck the platform on my ladder stand is so large I can stand and stretch and still feel comfortable, plus its only 17 ft.