Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Deer blinds or elevated shooting houses? >

Deer blinds or elevated shooting houses?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer blinds or elevated shooting houses?

Old 11-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer blinds or elevated shooting houses?

Im sure this has come up before here but I would like to know how you guys found was the best way to build a shooting house or elevated blind? Pictures would be great.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Banned

Buy old portable toilet, $10 in our area. Take out tank and remove base. Clean thoroughly!! Paint to blend in with your stand location.

Build a 4x4 platform using all pressure treated wood. First, build a frame using 4 2x6. Remember, two sides will be 4 ft, two will be 1 1/2 inches shorter. Place measured 3/4 plywood on top, attach using deck screws. Get two 8x4x4s', cut in two. Place one leg in each corner of platform frame. Attach with lag screws through frame and plywood floor. If you go higher than 4 feet, you may need braces and/or tie downs depending on high you go. Place porta john on plywood floor and center. Measure inside outline of portajohn. Cut 4 2x2's to measured lenghts. Place on floor to fit inside outline of portajohn. Deck screws through 2x2's into floor. Deck screws with fender washers through outside of porta john into 2x2s. Cut shooting windows, install choice of seat.

I built mine on sight using battery powered tools.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

This is my 4' X 8' "shipping crate" ground blind (on top of a hill in oak woods).
Attached Thumbnails Deer blinds or elevated shooting houses?-shippingcrate.jpg