Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where did all my deer go?

Old 11-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Spike

Default Where did all my deer go?

During the summer months i had a steady amount of pictures of deers around my feeder and ever sence deer season came in its like they all vanished did i do anything wrong how can i fix this problem
Old 11-10-2012, 05:15 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

What changes a deer's feeding and travel patterns?
Food source
Season (mating habits)
predators (hunting season)

Food source...if Acorns or some other natural source is suddently available they might be hitting those sources instead of the feed.

Season if the run has kicked in where you are (it has here) the does are less likely to be relaxed and hanging out at feeders and the bucks could give a damn about the food when there is a ripe doe around.

Predators...you are one of them and if there are others they might not be as careful as you.

I am guessing they will come back.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Spike

Same problem for me. I have had 100 pounds of corn out at all 10 of my stands that they havent touched for over a week cause the acorns are dropping. Natural Food>Fake food they know you put out.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

Here in Southern Maryland you have to be careful walking to your stand. So many acorns, be careful you don't bust your ass! HA!HA!HA!