HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   November 5th Kill! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/375162-november-5th-kill.html)

OFDOlson_173 11-10-2012 02:55 PM

November 5th Kill!

On Monday November 5th, 2012 I was hunting in Southern Wisconsin on our family farm with my Dad and friend Phil. It was a partly cloudy day with a low of 26 degrees with light winds out of the South East. I was hunting on a pinch point of a hay field to my North, a bedding area of to my South on the edge of the valley. This was the first time I hunted this stand this year, knowing it was one of our best stand locations I had a good feeling that morning. As the sun began to rise the deer began to move. I saw a few scrub bucks making a few scrapes directly to the west, then bucks began to chase really hard for the first hour of light. After passing on 14 other bucks that morning along with 5 doe things began to slow down around 8 Am. I had just gone an hour without seeing anything so I began to rattle with the Black Rack System. As I started to rattle for about a minute and a half I looked off to the East seeing a nice buck running in about 75 yards out. I quickly put my Black Rack Rattling system into my backpack, picked up my bow and got ready to draw. As he was running in at a good pace he stopped, looked the other way and I drew back, after a few more steps he stopped again. WACK! I was looking for a double lung shot and ended up hitting him a little bit farther back than I wanted. He ran for about 15 yards, stopped and stood there. As I can see my arrow that penetrated through his body but did not have a pass through. I started to get nervous as I slowly knocked another arrow in case he gave me a second shot. He went another 25 yards and bedded down. 10 minutes later he got up, stumbled around and fell over. Another 15 minutes later he stood up and began to walk slowly in pain into the thicket 50 yards away. I sat in my stand for another hour before getting out. I had text my buddy Phil and quietly walked and grabbed my Dad since he did not have phone reception and headed back to the truck. After talking about my shot we decided to go grab lunch, talk about the hunt and give the buck the rest of the day until we began to track. Six hours later we began to track finding the deer only 100 yards away in the thicket!

Arrowmaster 11-10-2012 03:18 PM

Congrats on a nice buck...

early in 11-10-2012 03:19 PM

Very nice buck. Congrats! What's up with the advertising?

OFDOlson_173 11-10-2012 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by early in (Post 4003371)
Very nice buck. Congrats! What's up with the advertising?

I always take pictures with products I use. Mize will give the companys credit for good success that I have had.

BigJoe79 11-10-2012 06:08 PM

Congrats! Nice buck!

reds10ss 11-10-2012 06:20 PM

congrats on a fine buck!

MD DEERHUNTER 11-11-2012 03:40 AM

Congrats! Nice Buck!

OFDOlson_173 11-11-2012 09:11 AM

Thanks guys/gals!

Ohboy 11-12-2012 03:32 AM

very nice buck man, congrats!

toejoe625 11-12-2012 06:10 AM

nice buck congrats