HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Doesn't get much sweeter (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/375090-doesnt-get-much-sweeter.html)

uncle matt 11-08-2012 08:12 AM

Doesn't get much sweeter

My annual deer camp in S. IL for 1st firearm deer season starts next week. The 3-day firearm season is the 17th, 18th & 19th but we camp and bow some nearby properties during the week and leave our property alone until opening morning save for some stand maintenance (we have like 13 stands).

Although I usually have a few friends in camp from year to year, this season they are with other friends.

As some of you who have been here for a good while may know I have hunted with my oldest 28 year old nephew for a long time now. He will be there again and of course or bond will grow yet stronger.

What is so sweet though is that this year, for the very first time, I will have all 3 of my sons in camp together.

I can't describe how great it makes me feel.

I am truly blessed.

Ohboy 11-08-2012 08:18 AM

sounds like its going to be a great time no matter what, aslong as everyone is safe. Hope everything goes well and hope you all take a deer or 2. Good luck and post some pics later

Doughboy2 11-08-2012 08:20 AM

Sounds like a great time!! My youngest son is my hunting partner this year....it is an absolute joy having him hunt with me....I hope everyone at your camp enjoys some success!!

monoped 11-08-2012 08:50 AM

Sounds like a high water mark season. Enjoy!
Kind of stuff that gets you through the year(s).

deerslyer11 11-08-2012 09:02 AM

My dad and i started fishing together in tournements. And hunting as well. I love spending time with my dad. We spend time together and not with our friends. And to me thats much better. Awesome you get to spend deer camp with your sons. That will make lots of memories!!!!!!!

Savage Sniper 11-08-2012 12:12 PM

a big ol booner on top of that would make it that much better. :D

DocD 11-08-2012 01:55 PM

Looks like you are going to have a great hunt, even if you don't get any deer!! My best to you and your family, You are doing "What it is all about" Good Hunting!! Doc

uncle matt 11-08-2012 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Savage Sniper (Post 4002676)
a big ol booner on top of that would make it that much better. :D

Yes. A big one taken by one of the boys!

flyinlowe 11-08-2012 05:09 PM

Wont be too much longer and my 3 year old son will be in the woods with me, can't wait!

Bocajnala 11-08-2012 06:38 PM

The older I get the more important these things become- coming from the sons side of things-. I'm blessed to still be hunting with my dad, Grandfather, and two great uncles multiple times every year. Lost one great uncle this past spring to cancer, and he'll be missed. But the family is what hunting is about to me. So enjoy it, and they will too.
-Jake