HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   mid november hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/374984-mid-november-hunting.html)

ukw21 11-06-2012 08:56 AM

mid november hunting

What is the best way to attract deer in mid november

Joot 11-06-2012 09:16 AM

Be out in the woods...

elmoughler 11-06-2012 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Joot (Post 4001458)
Be out in the woods...

Agreed. If you new to hunting in general starting reading and getting in the woods for experience. There is alot of info (good and bad) on the net. Best thing you can do though is get out there and learn.

Jwood 11-06-2012 09:51 AM

Get out in the woods and always be ready. With the rut kicking in there's no telling when or what is gonna go past you.

uncle matt 11-06-2012 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Joot (Post 4001458)
Be out in the woods...

Incredible.

How would a person simply being in the woods ATTRACT deer?

Your answer is incorrect. So incorrect I have no other choice but to give you a F and sentence you to study hall.

In the woods I hunt - a deer seeing, hearing, smelling or even suspecting a human is not attracted - it goes away.

Ways TO attract deer include scents, grunting or calling, rattling, mock scrapes, mock rubs, food plots, decoys and (where legal) baiting.

ukw21 11-06-2012 01:07 PM

What I should of asked is it better to use a call or a rattle bag during the rut.

elmoughler 11-06-2012 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by ukw21 (Post 4001640)
What I should of asked is it better to use a call or a rattle bag during the rut.

You can use both. I've never been a big fan of calls however. I wouldn't use a grunt call if a buck isn't in sight but a rattle I would. Just don't be excessive with it.

early in 11-06-2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by uncle matt (Post 4001513)
Incredible.

How would a person simply being in the woods ATTRACT deer?

Your answer is incorrect. So incorrect I have no other choice but to give you a F and sentence you to study hall.

In the woods I hunt - a deer seeing, hearing, smelling or even suspecting a human is not attracted - it goes away.

Ways TO attract deer include scents, grunting or calling, rattling, mock scrapes, mock rubs, food plots, decoys and (where legal) baiting.

That right there is FUNNY! lmao But, he speaks the truth.

redgreen 11-06-2012 01:45 PM

If a deer even suspects that something is amiss, it is heading for the next time zone at warp speed. Scout the area that you plan to hunt. don't stink up the area with perfumed soaps and aftershave. The list goes on. They can see and hear you a mile away and smell you further. Sit on a ridge sometime, and watch other "hunters". They are pushing the deer ahead of them, not intentionally. The deer then circle back behind them to where they origionally were, and they never saw them. As stated, there is a lot of good info on this site and others, if you want to look.

indiana deer hunter 11-06-2012 02:17 PM

A hot doe lol