Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

mid november hunting

Old 11-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Spike

Default mid november hunting

What is the best way to attract deer in mid november
Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Spike

Be out in the woods...
Old 11-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Joot
Be out in the woods...
Agreed. If you new to hunting in general starting reading and getting in the woods for experience. There is alot of info (good and bad) on the net. Best thing you can do though is get out there and learn.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Spike

Get out in the woods and always be ready. With the rut kicking in there's no telling when or what is gonna go past you.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Joot
Be out in the woods...
Incredible.

How would a person simply being in the woods ATTRACT deer?

Your answer is incorrect. So incorrect I have no other choice but to give you a F and sentence you to study hall.

In the woods I hunt - a deer seeing, hearing, smelling or even suspecting a human is not attracted - it goes away.

Ways TO attract deer include scents, grunting or calling, rattling, mock scrapes, mock rubs, food plots, decoys and (where legal) baiting.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Spike

What I should of asked is it better to use a call or a rattle bag during the rut.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ukw21
What I should of asked is it better to use a call or a rattle bag during the rut.
You can use both. I've never been a big fan of calls however. I wouldn't use a grunt call if a buck isn't in sight but a rattle I would. Just don't be excessive with it.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by uncle matt
Incredible.

How would a person simply being in the woods ATTRACT deer?

Your answer is incorrect. So incorrect I have no other choice but to give you a F and sentence you to study hall.

In the woods I hunt - a deer seeing, hearing, smelling or even suspecting a human is not attracted - it goes away.

Ways TO attract deer include scents, grunting or calling, rattling, mock scrapes, mock rubs, food plots, decoys and (where legal) baiting.
That right there is FUNNY! lmao But, he speaks the truth.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

If a deer even suspects that something is amiss, it is heading for the next time zone at warp speed. Scout the area that you plan to hunt. don't stink up the area with perfumed soaps and aftershave. The list goes on. They can see and hear you a mile away and smell you further. Sit on a ridge sometime, and watch other "hunters". They are pushing the deer ahead of them, not intentionally. The deer then circle back behind them to where they origionally were, and they never saw them. As stated, there is a lot of good info on this site and others, if you want to look.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

A hot doe lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.