Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Do deer follow daylight savings? >

Do deer follow daylight savings?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do deer follow daylight savings?

Old 11-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

This is kinda like that lady that called that radio station complaining that the city should move the deer crossing sign because deer kept getting hit right there.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default let me try help !

Let me try and help here. at no time of the year does my personal planet, which I like to call earth. does its rotation slow down one hour on 4th of november. and then again speed up one hour on the 11th of march. so to summarize the 4th of november isn't a 23 hour day, and march 11th isn't a 25 hour day.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Just wow....has zero to do with our man made 24 hour clock....
Old 11-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by thomasmgp
Why the hell wouldnt this be a serious question? Last year after daylight savings I didnt see hardly any deer. Why wouldnt that lead me to believe the time change has no affect on the deer at all? Last year I also never changed the clocks on my cameras and they were still active at the same time regardless of it getting darker an hour earlier and daylight an hour sooner. They never came out any earlier or later. On my farm it seems most of the deer are nocturnal and I hardly ever see any in the morning and see most of my deer at night. So last year when it got darker earlier I just never saw anything. I shot my last deer of the season last year around Halloween.

They patterned you so they changed their time to be out and about...The key to seeing deer all season is to be able to keep from spooking them while hunting...
Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by thomasmgp
They never came out any earlier or later.
You just answered your own question.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:26 AM
Spike

I am speechless....WOW! LMFAO
Old 11-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

In another thread he mentioned he doesn't use climbers after a bad experience 15 years ago with one. After reading this thread I realized that there is no way possible that he has been hunting for 15 years.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

I'll try to explain it easily here. The sunrise sunset time does not change. At all, other than the days getting a little shorter. The only thing that changes is our clock. So instead of saying "it's six o clock." we now say "It's five o clock." That is all that changes. The actual daylight does not change. Because deer do not have clocks, there is no way they could know about our time change. If you stopped seeing deer it was for some other reason. Us changing our clock has no effect on the deer movement. Hope that cleared it up.
-Jake
Old 11-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Want in on a sneaky little secret? Now I don't mean to be tellin tales outta school... & the tactic I'ma gonna lerntcha bout is HIGHLY illegal onnacount its to affactive inall but this sounds like onea them timesa desperation my pappy auseta warned me bout inall.

The all pireful cekrit is ta turn YORN watch AHEAD 3 hours! Yep then thatll have that ol buck jesta goin bat & all crazy & he'll be FORCED to saunter all out in yorn fields when tha suns still highn ablazzin!

But now like I dun tolja, keep this cekrit completely onda down low ya unnerstan? Shoot why its so effective, dangerous & illegal that I'ma standin in my closet witda lights out while I'ma typin this post!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like he said, turn your clock ahead a few hours so the deer come out earlier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.