Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Do deer follow daylight savings? >

Do deer follow daylight savings?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do deer follow daylight savings?

Old 11-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

I hope this is not a serious question.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Spike

The person that posted this should not be trusted with firearms.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Originally Posted by uncle matt
Lol at flyinglowe

But did you ever think of how hard it is on those poor deer that have watches that they have to manually turn back and ahead once each year?

I've seen deer do a lot of things in the woods. Rubbing, scraping, peeing in scrapes, humping and fighting. But the funniest by far is when they are trying to pull little stem out on their old Timex with their hooves. It takes them hours and hours. Heck once they do get the stem out they still have to turn it.
A lot of the deer around here have switched to digital watches which they can adjust by pushing the little buttons. It's still difficult but easier than messing with those stems.

Digital watches rock if you don't have fingers
Old 11-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

The more serious problem here is you shot at him twice at 350yds and missed.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The lack of thumbs have limited our local deer to touch screen smart phones that correct for time changes and time zones. They have all but given up on watches.

Last edited by skb2706; 11-04-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

They stay current with the areas they are in,not only time but also regulations and some even know what type tag(s)you have with you,(scanners?). No doe permit?, one will pose seductively at point blank range. Antler point restrictions,here comes the parade! Just no legal shooters. Its high tech. I kinda miss the old days when the nice bucks simply waited till you leave your gun in the blind and walk a few yards with t.p. in your hand........

Last edited by monoped; 11-04-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by thomasmgp

did I miss my chance at that deer?
Yep...hate when that happens! Here today, gone tomorrow as the saying goes. You won't see that sucker during day light hours again until we turn the clocks ahead in the spring.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default nother question

i was wondering, if its a cloudy day how is I suppose to tell when sunrise and sunset is ?

Old 11-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Why the hell wouldnt this be a serious question? Last year after daylight savings I didnt see hardly any deer. Why wouldnt that lead me to believe the time change has no affect on the deer at all? Last year I also never changed the clocks on my cameras and they were still active at the same time regardless of it getting darker an hour earlier and daylight an hour sooner. They never came out any earlier or later. On my farm it seems most of the deer are nocturnal and I hardly ever see any in the morning and see most of my deer at night. So last year when it got darker earlier I just never saw anything. I shot my last deer of the season last year around Halloween.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
The more serious problem here is you shot at him twice at 350yds and missed.
If original post not a joke...
Nuf said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.