Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you need?

Old 11-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Spike

Default What do you need?

What new products or services do hunters/outdoorsmen need to be more successful and have more fun doing what they already love? Investors want to know to form how money will be spent on new products.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Nothing. We have all we need. And all that other stuff companies tell us to want, we don't really need. The market is already flooded with useless junk and garbage.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Spike

Thanks for your input and I tend to agree with you. I don't personally purchase a lot of fancy stuff, just the basics and it works fine for me. Just trying to gather the information others have requested and since I'm a basic guy I thought I might reach out to others. I have had as many opportunities to down bucks in blue jeans and a t shirt as I have in every layer of hunting clothing available. I have basically been slathered in bacon grease and have had shots as easy as covering myself in scent blockers or attractants. I know where you're coming from.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Quality basics for the beginner, yes even the better gear has a wear rate. The longer your outdoors the less you need. Be a leader in QUALITY keep profit sane enough to be priced reasonable.
Seriously 50 bucks for a quality piece of under wear? I have to cut one leg off anyway,how much is that piece gonna cost. ,failure of others shows the way. Who's the best and why?
If your taking orders how bout a bomb proof , camo,waterproof, kevlar thread, quiet,removable wool liner warm to 20 below,add layers for colder ,hooded anorak for 200 or under? Cut so one can sit down pull their arms inside and spend the night if need be. Practical ancient design carefully updated with sorry to say? technology.
What does a (wait for it)quality, kettle or oatmeal boiler cost? I understand the best material and workmanship cost more but a cornboiler,24 oz.tinlined stainless =29.00.plus of course shipping. Its quality, but tin can and wire can be had for free,now i just need a lid.
Basics,quality,best price,friendly available service with access to manufacturer info through seller or directly.
What must i take to go out back of beyond i don,t use every day and why take it,short list and not to exciting but its proven and will see me through. Replace one piece with an unproven or poor(ready?)quality item,never worry about my money going your way again.

Last edited by monoped; 11-01-2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: sp,sp,
Old 11-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

In a word, less. I've got too much as it is.

Instead of more products, how about finding ways to make things cheaper? Price is my biggest issue, and the company that makes it more affordable is likely to get my business.

Guns for left handers that are affordable would be my example. I'd love to be able to buy an entry level bolt action in a left handed version.