Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anyone on East Coast have any luck this weekend? >

Anyone on East Coast have any luck this weekend?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone on East Coast have any luck this weekend?

Old 10-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone on East Coast have any luck this weekend?

According to the Solunar charts this entire weekend until this morning was 3-5 star ratings because of the full moon and rut as well. I hunted a combined 40 hours since Thursday and didnt see a single deer because of 20-40 mph winds. I hunted 5 different stands over 400 acres of land from field stands to stands in the woods to my secret weapon stand way back in the swamp but still saw nothing. Even grabbed my Benelli loaded with 3.5s and walked around on foot and didnt see any deer.

I hunted at all different times of the day every morning, afternoon and evening never hunting the same stand at the same time the following day. All of them either have food plots or bait. I put out 100 pounds of corn at each stand last Wednesday because I wanted enough out so I wouldnt have to go back in there unless I was hunting and even after 4-5 days they have hardly touched any of it.

Just wondering if anyone else on the East coast had the same crap luck I had?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Hunted Steuben County NY from last Thursday to Sunday and one evening I had 12 flat-heads under my stand so I filled a doe tag. Also put up a little 5 pointer on the way in to my stand another evening. Most of the deer I saw were in the evening except for one morning I did have four other flat-heads hanging around. I believe the storm was off your coast this weekend so that most likely had an effect. Things should get back to normal soon enough.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:53 AM
Typical Buck

I shot a small buck Saturday evening at dusk. Deer movement was definately down due to wind. I didn't even hear the deer until it was 10 yards to my right, due to wind.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Finally saw a huge buck come out last night after almost 50 hours of hunting @ 375 yards. I missed. Seems Im not as good of a shot as my accountant is with his $3000 30X 50mm Swarovski scope. He drops deer halfway across my farm at 400-500 yards like they were right under his stand and refuses to shoot anything closer than 300 yards. Must be nice.

I did go check to see if maybe I hit him and saw 3 scrapes and 8-9 rubs so Im sure I will see him again.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

The bucks are rutting somewhat here. Saw two large bucks after dark chasing a doe and mounting her. The weather has been bad here also and my friends aren't doing any good either. Snow today in the mountains, will be back at it tomorrow. The food sources here are very skimpy with hardly any acorns to speak of and only some standing corn. Some have seen more bear than they did bucks. Good luck.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

They are finally on the move again. Heard 7 shots this evening and saw a nice buck close to a group on does but would have been a 600 yd shot. I think if that damn storm hadnt have happened this weekend would have been epic. Also set up my trail cam where I saw that big buck last night. Hes got 4 scrapes near my corn pile and has just torn up all the baby pine trees on the dam for my duck impoundment with rubs. Hes gotta be huge. I pissed in a few of his scrapes and topped it off with a little doe estrus to see if that will agitate him a little and get him to come out of hiding more often to patrol his territory if he thinks another buck is after his does.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Spike

gt rained on and froze...saw nada even though the rutting signs are defenitely there. tryin my luck in the mornin though...should be a good day
Old 11-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I had luck, my family and I are safe, we didn't lose power no damage to our home, but millions of people didn't have any luck