Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
This is a must read because i need help!!! >

This is a must read because i need help!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This is a must read because i need help!!!

Old 10-30-2012, 07:12 AM
Spike

give him the salt lick, tell him there are cameras...dont say ya got him on cam, just let his mind race. call the dnr, and make a report, that way, when ya get him on cam, they have no choice but to file charges. i feel ya matt, but that just gets
you in trouble lol
Old 10-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

sounds like a great opportunity for a flaming pile of dog crap... If he is riding to your spot on a 4 wheeler, find the spot and take a picture, block the trail but make it look like something just fell in the trail so he won't know you intentionally blocked it. When you come back and see that he moved it you'll know he's been there... Makes a good spot for a claymore too since he has to spend some time removing the road block... :-) Or just find the trail is he is taking to get on the property and block it with barbed wire. In Kentucky there is a big different between wandering onto someone else's property and cutting a fence to get on it with a 4 wheeler. Either way I wouldn't try talking to him, if he is that against hunting you are not going to change his mind. take the legal route or just try to catch him red handed and send a sympathy card when he comes up missing :-)
Old 10-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

My advice, head to the hardware store & purchase enough 'No Trespassing' signs to insure that the messege cant be missed. Then head out to the property line & post them securely. Id also hang cameras to insure that you can identify the guilty party. At that point, Id go to this man house & confront him man to man. Being as youre 18, it wouldnt be a bad idea to take your father with you. But I would simply state to this individual that you suspect him of trespassing & if you suspect anyone of trespassing again, the authorities will be contacted. Also, aways keep a calm, level head when confronting folks of this nature & wait for them to become the emotional one in the matter. Hostility is usually a pretty clear indicator of guilt & if he does become hostile, contact the authorities immediately so the issue doesnt escalate. But any way you decide to handle this situation, in no way would I let this issue go unchecked any longer. Good luck to ya.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by On_Point
My advice, head to the hardware store & purchase enough 'No Trespassing' signs to insure that the messege cant be missed. Then head out to the property line & post them securely. Id also hang cameras to insure that you can identify the guilty party. At that point, Id go to this man house & confront him man to man. Being as youre 18, it wouldnt be a bad idea to take your father with you. But I would simply state to this individual that you suspect him of trespassing & if you suspect anyone of trespassing again, the authorities will be contacted. Also, aways keep a calm, level head when confronting folks of this nature & wait for them to become the emotional one in the matter. Hostility is usually a pretty clear indicator of guilt & if he does become hostile, contact the authorities immediately so the issue doesnt escalate. But any way you decide to handle this situation, in no way would I let this issue go unchecked any longer. Good luck to ya.
helll naaaaaaaaaaaaa...dont go to his house accusing him..call the law.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Well I know what I would do but I am not 18 so I think the best thing for you is to find another spot. This guy is one of those that unless you can put the fear into him and not get caught it will never end so it is best not to start. He is wrong and not everyone is like that. I have had my share of stolen gear and ruined hunts it is not right but what can you do! Don't give up young brother just move on and enjoy your right and the thrill of the hunt. Sorry my friend!
Treebeard
Old 10-31-2012, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the advice form everyone!!!!!
Im going to keep on hunting the property but in a different location. Because i dont even see deer now because of him. I was hunting a 8 and 10 point but they havent been around since saturday but i know they are still alive cause i still get pictures. But i know where they go to feed and bed. I just liked the spot im at now cause of the scenery. Thanks again everyone. Im going to post the poperty every other tree. lol
Old 11-01-2012, 05:17 AM
Spike

First hang no trespassing signs on the property line. Then position your camera in the direction you assume he's coming in. Hopefully you will get him on camera on your property. When you get him, go talk to him and tell him what you did and that you have the pics. Tell him he has 2 options. 1 he can stay off your land. Or 2 you will have the authorities arrest him for trespassing.