Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BIG mount I bought.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default BIG mount I bought.

I was in town at a vendor mall the other day. They had a small booth with deer antlers and other misc. I was looking at the mounted heads they had and all of them were very small 5 or 6 point bucks. They wanted $110 for each of them. Well, I wasn't interested at all so as I turned to walk out, this ugly BIG 10 point was staring me in the face. My mouth dropped. I was expecting the price to be $250 or better but it was only $150! I HAD to buy it.

A couple days before this I found a shoulder mounted 8 pointer on Facebook for $15 dollars!! Needless to say it is now mine. AND a couple days later someone posted a huge 12 point rack for sell. $8 believe it or not. Eight Dollars. I'll get a picture of that soon.
Attached Thumbnails BIG mount I bought.-30759_10151193126813890_534702529_n.jpg  
Old 10-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

Wouldn't have paid 150 for that one, but the others sounded like good deals.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by elmoughler
Wouldn't have paid 150 for that one, but the others sounded like good deals.
Some people don't know how valuable deer antlers are these days. During certain times of the year their value increases. I sold a rack about this size that I had found in the woods for $250 7 years ago =]
Old 10-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Oh I know what you mean, people will pay a good price for them. I just personally wouldn't have paid that for it.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by elmoughler
Oh I know what you mean, people will pay a good price for them. I just personally wouldn't have paid that for it.
I only did because I had some extra money
Old 10-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm always a little skeptical about the racks listed on ebay. I feel that it is a poachers dream. They can poach a deer, cut the antlers off and sell it on ebay. The bigger the buck, the higher the price. Ebay doesn't worry about if they are tagged antlers or not. Shed antlers I think are great to purchase on ebay but antlers (non-mounter without tags) I feel are just encouraging poachers. I'd rather not see them on there IMO. I did a little searching on Ebay one time and saw that some people had multiple sets of antlers on there. No tags and nothing that said where they came from. Sure, it could have been a deer farm, but I don't think there are that many deer farms out there.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with fastetti. Also If I didnt find it ,kill it or have some history with a story I probably wouldnt be interested in them in my house. Do you collect them?
Old 10-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Spike

Ahh! I stand corrected then, Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Spike

who buys mounts? kill it yourself. It will be so much better looking at something that you killed on the wall rather than something that was bought.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

I can understand buying mounts for decoration at a restaurant or business (I guess?); but I would never hang one at my home (or anywhere that is MINE for that fact). The only reason someone gets a deer mounted is to show what they worked so hard and dedicated so much time to. That's almost like buying someone's personalized jacket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.