Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Craziest Hunting Story Ever...it happened last night!!! >

Craziest Hunting Story Ever...it happened last night!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Craziest Hunting Story Ever...it happened last night!!!

Old 10-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Spike

Your future father-in-law sounds great! Hope you get along with his wife. . . Good huntin' & hope you don't have an anniversary in Oct or Nov.......
Old 10-26-2012, 04:06 AM
Typical Buck

Glad your ok, hope your hand heals up good and you get back out there soon
Old 10-29-2012, 04:17 AM
Fork Horn

quick update! Thursday i spent running around trying to get a handicap paper that says I can use a cross bow during regular archery season. Then I went to my friends bow shop to get my string put back one and found out that I didnt shoot the stand after all... I shoot a destroyer which has the oversized Dual cams. As it turns out when I fired my bottom cam came around and smaked the stand. the shock of it i guess is what broke my arrow. Needless to say my cam was shredded, its good to have a best friend that owns a bow shop :-). I put a new cam on there and drew it back a few time. The arrow cut some nerves and broke my index finger about 2in back from the knuckle so my whole hand was pretty sore. I was able to draw back and fire alright though as long and I didn't open my hand as far as I normally do when i shoot. I was able to go hunting all weekend!! I went back to the scence of the crime all day yesterday and there are a few new scrapes in the area. I saw a few small bucks and some does but not the big bow. The wind was blowing something aweful and it was COLD! hopefully once the wind dies down I will be able to catch up with him again!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you are back in action so soon. Also good to hear your injuries were not worse than what they are. Sh*t happens. Hope you get that big 'un man!