HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   how is the rut action for everyone?! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/374285-how-rut-action-everyone.html)

deerslyer11 10-23-2012 05:19 AM

how is the rut action for everyone?!

I believe the rut is starting to get in full swing, but thats just what i think from the chasing of does and constant scrape action. What do ya'll think and what are you guys experiencing with the rut?
-Thanks, and everyone shoot straight!

FlDeerman 10-23-2012 05:23 AM

You're kidding,the rut starts around Christmas here.LOL

Fretwear 10-23-2012 05:29 AM

Saw my first rub of the year on Saturday morning, got me going a bit. Other than that its been pretty slow for me.
I'm taking Friday off from work and am going to put forth MAXIMUM effort on filling my (antlerless) bonus tag!!

This weekend should do it, after that it's rifle season here in Mn and I'm pretty confident that I'll see something horny then.

slowpitch42 10-23-2012 05:36 AM

im starting to see more and more scrapes, along with rubs not as many rubs as i usually have on the farm by now but its starting to get there, trail camera is showing more bucks during the day but i havent seen any chasing, but people around here say they have been seeing small bucks chsing hope this helps

deerslyer11 10-23-2012 05:39 AM

Well good luck to you!
ive seen 4 different bucks chasing does. I mean they were running through the woods making **** crash. But the bucks heads were sniffing around the does back ends as their trotting through the woods. Once the does tarsal glands are nice and black and full of stank im going to take another doe, get the tarsal glands off and hang them over a scrape!
Good luck everyone

Doughboy2 10-23-2012 10:23 AM

I haven't seen any rut activity yet here in SW Ohio and SE Indiana...I still think it is a week or so away from starting....

wisbowhunter2009 10-23-2012 11:03 AM

There's no bucks where i hunt.. So not to sure!

AquamanPSD 10-23-2012 11:12 AM

I saw some smaller buck running around crazy like grunting on sunday here in north eastern KY. I heard one bigger buck grunt just to shut up the little guy but other than that it's still pretty slow. not too many rubs but they are starting to scrape. I am taking off work the next two fridays and hopefully it happens because after that is gun season...

OhioNovice 10-23-2012 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy2 (Post 3994595)
I haven't seen any rut activity yet here in SW Ohio and SE Indiana...I still think it is a week or so away from starting....

Yeah, seen a few rubs here in SW Ohio but no scrapes yet, still have a week or two yet.

mr.mc54 10-23-2012 12:54 PM

Rubs and scrapes, small bucks moving some but no real chasing here in N/W WI.