Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
how is the rut action for everyone?! >

how is the rut action for everyone?!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how is the rut action for everyone?!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Spike

Ive only heard of some pre rut action in southern wisconsin. Field and stream released the rut in Southern wisconsin will peak from Nov. 2nd through the 10th. The days Im off
Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

the area im hunting in sw ohio is full of rubs scrapes..got a few nice bucks on my trail cam..during the day..i usually do well right before halloween
Old 10-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Spike

scrapes are starting to show up. rattled in a little spike tonight.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

just getting started here in Pa.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:31 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Had a monster buck come 10-15 feet away from my blind. I guess if I had a submachine gun rather than a compound I could have got him. All I got was a look at some nice antlers through the brush and a good snort as he bounded away!

Will go back set up in a new location to try rattling and calling this one in whenever I can in the next few weeks.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Spike

I hunt northern oklahoma and sarurday i had 3 bucks chasing the same doe was lucky enough to kill the biggest a 160" 11 point. I have also been getting a great response while rattling and grunting. sunday i filmed a friends hunt he set of a doe estrus buck bomb at 730 and by about 1 we had 8 different bucks come in to check it out.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OFDOlson_173
Ive only heard of some pre rut action in southern wisconsin. Field and stream released the rut in Southern wisconsin will peak from Nov. 2nd through the 10th. The days Im off
Thats my vacation as well so I'm hoping for the rut then as well in Central Illinois!

I think after this warm weather goes by that hit the midwest the last couple days it will really start to get things moving. I think pre rut should really be starting this weekend. The weekend after that, look out!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Spike

I would say that we are still a few weeks away where I hunt in KY. I havent even seen any rubs or scrapes yet. Bucks will probably start moving a little more by next weekend with a cold snap next week. Things should be full swing in a few weeks though.