Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Front Page News

Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Spike

Default Front Page News

We made Front Page News here in Virginia - for DeerLogic:

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/10/hunting-deer-theres-app

Check it out if you get a chance.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't advise using that unless you want every hunter in the area on your spot.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by c-rad
I wouldn't advise using that unless you want every hunter in the area on your spot.

I agree 100% I would never use that.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Going to be like sale day at the mall. I wouldn't use that thing.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Spike

No.No.No. The only way other people see your data is to create or join a hunt group. When you create a hunt group you share data only with members in your group. Think of it like facebook - only your friends see your personal information. If you never join or create a hunt group, then your data is only on your phone and only viewable by you.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by c-rad

Me either. And the part of the article that reads,

"In 2010, three fatalities - in Alleghany, Nelson and Sussex counties - could have been prevented if the shooter had known another hunter was nearby. In each, the shooter mistook the victim for a deer or turkey." blows my mind. How in the hell can a human being mistake another human for a deer or turkey I just will never understand. There must be some very senseless people out there. No disrespect intended. I'm just saying, it should be common knowledge not to pull that trigger if you don't know what you are even shooting at. How could someone even ensure any type of shot placement if the animal is not totally visible, out in the open? Sorry, wasn't trying to hi-jack the thread or change the topic. It's just that type of stuff never ceases to make me scratch my head and say, "WHAT?"
Old 10-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Spike

I hate to hear when any hunter is injured or killed.... Accidents happen, but there are ways to prevent "some" of them from happening.