HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Going deer hunting for the first time. Any tips? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/374147-going-deer-hunting-first-time-any-tips.html)

Clowney7 10-20-2012 11:05 AM

Going deer hunting for the first time. Any tips?

Im going to be using a 20 gague. Any tips, like where to aim at a deer or anything? Thanks.

halfbakedi420 10-20-2012 12:26 PM

yeah, take this year off and learn, then next year maybe you'll be ready. did ya get yer hunters education course yet?

PREDATE 10-20-2012 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 (Post 3993239)
did ya get yer hunters education course yet?

Correct. The course should've covered all of the basics.
Here's an example that I lived through last year.
A family friend that we hadn't seen in years contacted us and asked if he could tag along. He said he'd been hunting for a few years, so we said ok. He and I split up and hunted in different directions. Upon returning to the vehicle he said to me, "I thought there was a deer across the lake so I shot @ it. It didn't move so I shot again". It turns out that he was seeing a tree stump, but he was shooting @ something 200Yds away (with a 12ga.)and he wasn't even sure what it was. It could've been me! Needless to say, we didn't take him hunting anymore. Moral of the story, it's not just about killing a deer, ya need to think! It's not airsoft, there are real bullets flying around! Please be safe and be sure of your target!
Good day..............
.................I said good day! LOL

NebBuckHunter 10-20-2012 07:58 PM

Wow wow wow......if you do not know where to aim at on a deer,....you need more assistance than this board can provide. You need to take a hunter safety course, then watch others before you think about hunting yourself.....

OFDOlson_173 10-21-2012 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by NebBuckHunter (Post 3993382)
Wow wow wow......if you do not know where to aim at on a deer,....you need more assistance than this board can provide. You need to take a hunter safety course, then watch others before you think about hunting yourself.....

Agreed!!! We are not being mean it is just the truth.... Find someone you can tag along with for a year. It is honestly just as exciting!

Terasec 10-21-2012 07:05 AM

Agree with the others,
Not trying to bash you,
Folks here are more than willing to help new hunters,
And questions are welcomed,
But where to shoot is very basic that is covered in hunters ed course,
So that brings up the first question, did you take your hunters ed course?
I don't recommend going out hunting immediately upon receiving certs.
I know many instructors that don't even offer the class too close to hunting season because they want their students to practice some before hunting season.

cowboy4513 10-21-2012 10:24 AM

You all were just trolled. He has one post obviously just being an idiot.

halfbakedi420 10-21-2012 10:39 AM

i figured with a name like clowney...but ya never know..what if...

cowboy4513 10-21-2012 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 (Post 3993601)
i figured with a name like clowney...but ya never know..what if...

If it was legitimate I am scared **** less

rritchey sr. 10-21-2012 12:59 PM

You need at least two things. A hunters safety course and to team up with an experienced hunter who can show how to hunt responsibly.