Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Abnormal Buck

Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Spike

Exclamation Abnormal Buck

Hey guys, Im new to the site, and the other day i shot this massive weird lookin buck. He's got velvet still on, along with some other odd stuff goin on up there. I couldnt get my fingers around the base of the rack. Nobody around here has really seen anything like him, so we caped him out and threw him in a freezer in case he may be worth anything. Any thoughts or ideas regarding his rack? Im wondering if this dude's worth anything?
and yes, that's the exit hole lol he was quartering towards me.

thanks again

Old 10-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

A picture would be helpful

But only for the sheer reason that I love wierd looking bucks. I probably just got trolled.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Worth is a subjective value. A taxidermist might give you a little for him. You can get a kit to preserve the velvet and could mount it on a plaque, or do a shoulder mount on the deer.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

That sure is a strange looking rack. I know sometimes a buck can damage its testicles and the rack will look strange with the velvet staying on it like that. Not sure what else would cause that. Congrats on the buck.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Search for "cactus buck" and "cryptorchidism".
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Not sure what would cause that, but if I shot him I would pay to get it mounted.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Spike

How do i see the pic????
Old 10-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Spike

They're on there man..
Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mackesr
That sure is a strange looking rack. I know sometimes a buck can damage its testicles and the rack will look strange with the velvet staying on it like that. Not sure what else would cause that. Congrats on the buck.
Thats what is my first bet, either by fence, animal, accident or whatever bucks like that typically have "messed up jewels" & thats why their racks grew like that.

Value wise, I wouldnt think anyone would much care to actually pay for the buck. (better check your states game laws, some expressly prohibit selling game parts so you could unknowingly get into trouble!) i'd mount him & enjoy the rare trophy!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a weird looking buck but what the heck he will be good to eat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.