Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting with other people

Old 10-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Spike

Default hunting with other people

whats the best way to hunt with other people?
like if you were to go out hunting with another person (2 people all together)
what would be the best way if both people want to bag a deer? is it best to split up and go sperate ways or stay in a blind together?
rifle hunting
Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

If you want the best chance to both tag out and have the room def split up.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually hunt with 4-8 other guys at a session. Sometimes less .. sometimes with as many as 15 in camp. We hunt on about 3150 acres. We coordinate where we are going to hunt and post out as near our exact position as practical using a highly accurate map. HAs worked out great over the years.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mojotex
I usually hunt with 4-8 other guys at a session. Sometimes less .. sometimes with as many as 15 in camp. We hunt on about 3150 acres. We coordinate where we are going to hunt and post out as near our exact position as practical using a highly accurate map. HAs worked out great over the years.
man i wish i knew a place to hunt or owned my own land. haha
Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

I used to hunt with a big group until we moved. We would all split up and then share notes at the end of the day. The results were usually pretty good for our group.

It's ahrd to share the blind with some people some guys just want to shoot the first thng and then be done since they are tagged out. I had a guy once shoot a deer after we drug it out he hauled tail home and was done for the season. I thought he could have hung around and helped out the rest of us but owell he did come abck the following year.lol
Old 10-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Spike

yea thats kinda of rude thing to do, i just wanna find some public land and hunt/shoot my first deer in oklahoma
Old 10-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

I will typically hunt with one other person, sometimes two or three but not very often. We always split up and position ourselves so that if one guy spooks a deer they would typically head towards another guy. Then at the end of the morning/evening two guys will do a push towards the other guy, hopefully scaring up a deer towards the third hunter.

Its always a good idea to wear orange when hunting with others, even if its not required.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
I will typically hunt with one other person, sometimes two or three but not very often. We always split up and position ourselves so that if one guy spooks a deer they would typically head towards another guy. Then at the end of the morning/evening two guys will do a push towards the other guy, hopefully scaring up a deer towards the third hunter.

Its always a good idea to wear orange when hunting with others, even if its not required.
Completely agree.
Whatever you do. Don't hang in the same blind with another Hunter. It's not productive. You'll end up talking to each other and making noise. Unless its a Hot chic then I say do it.

Last edited by daleintampa; 10-08-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Spike

so would each guy go to seperate ends of the woods and they pretty much meet in the middle? what do you guys think about using walkie talkies? is it a good idea?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

You don't have to be miles apart. You just don't want to be in a position where both of you see the same deer at the same time. Me and my cousin are sometimes just 150 yards from one another and I might see Deer and he won't or vice versa. Wilkie talkies are ok but texting is quieter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.