Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting shows frustration

Old 10-11-2012, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mortalcare
i only watch hunting on youtube now. its alot more like hunting then those shows cuz its actualy hunting and not some rich guy buying deer. thats not hunting
i agree 100%. there are many guys on youtube that make real quality videos. heres one. http://www.youtube.com/user/1passthr...ure=CAQQwRs%3D
Old 10-11-2012, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

I like Midwest Whitetail’s web shows. The hunters are regular guys that have fun filming hunts. Bill Winke is down to earth and a genuine good guy.
I’ll have the other shows on while I’m out working in my shop. Some are better than others. I guess if nobody watches them they’ll just get replaced……I hear Honey Boo Boo is popular?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default Midwest Whitetail

I want to second as a fan of Midwest Whitetail. Its a great show. I dont get the outdoor chanel so I watch it online at midwestwhitetail.com. Its true hunting with the added plus of big deer. I even go on youtube and watch episodes from previous years.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr
I REFUSE to watch essentially all "hunting/fishing" shows today. They make me puke! Just one "30min infomercial" after another. 2 mins of show, then 3 mins of commercial. Then of that 2 mins of show the host spends 1.5mins talking up &/or showing the latest & greatest gadgetry & crapola. The gun/bow/stand/camo etc... is held at just the right angle so that the label is constantly visible to the camera! & it must be a Constitutional requirement that EVERY Bubba with a hunting show MUST drive a jacked up, camoed F-250, Bubba must have a tiny head with ever present ballcap screwed on "backerds" & said Bubba must also dip & wear a goatee stash & 1/2 beard!

And the BIGGEST annoyance, the latest trend of putting some plastic boobed airhead in tight camo, pink accessories in front of the camera & then acting like she knows the difference between a bull bugle & bugle boy. whoever started that trait needs to be tied up & horsewhipped with a 10ft section of barbed wire! Quite hoestly women in the woods annoy the hell out of me anyway! I dont mind them in a bikini on the backdeck of a bassboat working on their tans but come fall GIVE IT A REST LADIES! Heres the Visa, go annoy the clerks at the mall, we've got "manly things to do" at deercamp!
Tell us what you really think, lol. Maybe you can contact congress and ask them to ratify the 28th Amendment, "No Women in the Woods". BTW, I try to watch as few hunting shows as possible, but I still find myself watching some of them just because I love hunting.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

showing the latest & greatest gadgetry & crapola. The gun/bow/stand/camo etc... is held at just the right angle so that the label is constantly visible to the camera! & it must be a Constitutional requirement that EVERY Bubba with a hunting show MUST drive a jacked up, camoed F-250, Bubba must have a tiny head with ever present ballcap screwed on "backerds" & said Bubba must also dip & wear a goatee stash & 1/2 beard!

And the BIGGEST annoyance, the latest trend of putting some plastic boobed airhead in tight camo, pink accessories in front of the camera & then acting like she knows the difference between a bull bugle & bugle boy. whoever started that trait needs to be tied up & horsewhipped with a 10ft section of barbed wire!

Bullseye, I absolutely hate the image of these "hunters". The shows should be called " A HOLES AND CHICKS WITH IMPLANTS". We are not doing us any favors supporting these shows. I have been in some Pi$$ing matches on some other outdoor boards about these shows. Why do they always need the image quoted above?? Oh ya,,,,,,,, it must sell. The worst part is, they can't hunt. No, they can't. Tiffy even said she does not scout. Not one of these "hunting shows" will step foot on a big chunk of public land in Minn., Mich., Wis., New York, Maine or anywhere. The reason is they do not have a chance at a big woods buck to show off and few guides to show them a deer. I have not seen a show in years cause it isn't really hunting.