Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting shows frustration

Old 10-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

i only watch hunting on youtube now. its alot more like hunting then those shows cuz its actualy hunting and not some rich guy buying deer. thats not hunting
Old 10-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

I do get a kick out of Gun It with Benny Spies! We just scrapped the same kind of mini winnie that he drives. He also hunts public land and even if he doesn't get his animal, he still makes it fun. The older guy (I think bennys uncle) is frickin' hilarious with the megaphone!

Last edited by PREDATE; 10-06-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
yer just jealous cause we get 5 deer a year?
naw just i can't stand the terrain. all giant burnt looking brown bushes. I'm used to hunting old hard woods or in rolling hills farm country. Plus all the high fenced hunts.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PREDATE
I do get a kick out of Gun It with Benny Spies! We just scrapped the same kind of mini winnie that he drives. He also hunts public land and even if he doesn't get his animal, he still makes it fun. The older guy (I think bennys uncle) is frickin' hilarious with the megaphone!
i forgot about this one, i do enjoy it.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, not too many shows filmed for average guy type hunts,...but we're all to lame because many of us buy these products they are pimpin, and crave video of big deer...
Old 10-07-2012, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I "wasted" a lot of time hunting and fishing. Haven't watched cable tv for years. A 20 minute video can never be real hunting taking hours to accomplish. Besides, I never hunted where they hunted on tv. I spent my time somewhere else.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I watch any "hunting" shows I watch them the same as comedy shows.

Most of these so-called "hunting" shows are a real insult to their viewers intelligence. The selective editing is always good for laughs.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Nearly all hunting shows are pure fiction (game farm hunts), are boring, and have no basis in reality anyway. I rarely watch them any more.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
naw just i can't stand the terrain. all giant burnt looking brown bushes. I'm used to hunting old hard woods or in rolling hills farm country. Plus all the high fenced hunts.
ohh...well maybe check into east texas...rolling hills with tree's galore. anywhere southwest of central/east texas is as you described. no rain, just cactus and mesquite tree's..and alot of sand and rock. thats why we have to "bait"...to keep the deer alive for the next generation of hunters.... as well as provide for the current population of hunters.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Spike

Most shows really suck now. It is all about some YeeHaa trying to become some hunting legend when everything they shoot is from some fenced in FunnyFarm. What ever happened to the real hunters. The ones that went out into the real woods and hunted real wild game. Curt Gowdy had The American Sportsmen back in the 60's. That show always had celebrities on it. Pretty cool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.