Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting shows frustration

Old 10-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Spike

Default Hunting shows frustration

Is anyone else frustrated with all the "fillers" the hunting shows have nowadays? I'm not even talking about the commercials. Years ago when you watched a show, most of the time was spent in the field,stand,etc. Now you have maybe 5-8 minutes of hunting. The rest is what I call "filler". I'm sorry but I don't need to see guys in bed snoring,eating breakfast,chasing one another around,filling up with gas,driving in their trucks,getting stuck in mud ,etc. I enjoy the "hunting" on hunting shows.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

i dont even watch em anymore...this forum is as close as i get.. irealized i like to watch myself fill up the truck, drive down the road, get stuk in the mud, and not see anything all day. i was a junky for em, but not anymore. it went out with face book
Old 10-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

I dont watch them much anymore either. Most of them do not represent deer hunting as I know it anyways. Now there was a show I saw last year that I think was made by some Pa. flintlock hunters. Their hunt was more real to me than any of those dream team or the crush hunts, etc... Though Tiffany is not hard on the eyes, lol...
Old 10-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

I don't care for shows where a guide tells someone,
Sit here, point there, shoot, shoot,
I will watch a show for other things,
Probably what you call fillers,
Do like to see the scenery, or other aspects of the hunt for entertainment.
Especially when terrain is different than the deep woods I am accustomed to.
A real hunt wouldn't be that entertaining to watch.
Crickets, crickets, crickets, bang, did you get that?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd tend to agree... Unless you have something that happens that's actually interesting (i.e. some other game animals crossing your field), then hunting footage is pretty dang boring.

Now, granted, I don't want to watch people whine about early wake up calls, filling up with gas, etc etc, but an hour of staring at grass blowing in the wind isn't very interesting either.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I'd tend to agree... Unless you have something that happens that's actually interesting (i.e. some other game animals crossing your field), then hunting footage is pretty dang boring.

Now, granted, I don't want to watch people whine about early wake up calls, filling up with gas, etc etc, but an hour of staring at grass blowing in the wind isn't very interesting either.
it is if yer there
Old 10-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by aafadca
Is anyone else frustrated with all the "fillers" the hunting shows have nowadays? I'm not even talking about the commercials. Years ago when you watched a show, most of the time was spent in the field,stand,etc. Now you have maybe 5-8 minutes of hunting. The rest is what I call "filler". I'm sorry but I don't need to see guys in bed snoring,eating breakfast,chasing one another around,filling up with gas,driving in their trucks,getting stuck in mud ,etc. I enjoy the "hunting" on hunting shows.
I couldn't agree more with this. Todays "hunting" shows SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

the only hunting show i watch is drury outdoors. I think it was filmed in late 90's. Still hunting on management land but no high fences. I dont think they hunt in texas once which is great, i HATE hunting shows flimed in texas, well i hate all new hunting shows except i think its called North American Hunter, just because they usually go to alaska and hunt bear.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
the only hunting show i watch is drury outdoors. I think it was filmed in late 90's. Still hunting on management land but no high fences. I dont think they hunt in texas once which is great, i HATE hunting shows flimed in texas, well i hate all new hunting shows except i think its called North American Hunter, just because they usually go to alaska and hunt bear.
yer just jealous cause we get 5 deer a year?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

I REFUSE to watch essentially all "hunting/fishing" shows today. They make me puke! Just one "30min infomercial" after another. 2 mins of show, then 3 mins of commercial. Then of that 2 mins of show the host spends 1.5mins talking up &/or showing the latest & greatest gadgetry & crapola. The gun/bow/stand/camo etc... is held at just the right angle so that the label is constantly visible to the camera! & it must be a Constitutional requirement that EVERY Bubba with a hunting show MUST drive a jacked up, camoed F-250, Bubba must have a tiny head with ever present ballcap screwed on "backerds" & said Bubba must also dip & wear a goatee stash & 1/2 beard!

And the BIGGEST annoyance, the latest trend of putting some plastic boobed airhead in tight camo, pink accessories in front of the camera & then acting like she knows the difference between a bull bugle & bugle boy. whoever started that trait needs to be tied up & horsewhipped with a 10ft section of barbed wire! Quite hoestly women in the woods annoy the hell out of me anyway! I dont mind them in a bikini on the backdeck of a bassboat working on their tans but come fall GIVE IT A REST LADIES! Heres the Visa, go annoy the clerks at the mall, we've got "manly things to do" at deercamp!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.