Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bowhunting on Sunday?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
Just because you can hunt on sunday doesn't mean you "have" to hunt.

would like to be able to bow hunt on sunday, but that would piss off the dog runners I am sure.
That's funny
Krypt Keeper you crack me up.
You could go to an early service, and go after for a mid day hunt.
I used to go rabbit hunting on Sunday when I lived in Arkansas.
It was a blast.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt Sunday mornings but not the evenings. Most of my deer sightings are at dusk and Im afraid If I do shoot one and cant find it right away I wont be able to recover it because I have to work on Monday and if I do recover the deer It would be 2am before I got it dressed, drug out and dropped off at the processor.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

What cons would there be? You either hunt or you don't.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:47 AM
Fork Horn

Personally we hunt Sundays here in Ohio. I'm obviously for it. My opinion is this... I work my butt off Monday-Friday to provide for my family and I. Secondly, I work nights and typically work
Anywhere from 10-14hrs a day 5-days a week. So come Saturday, I'm tore up from the floor up and really don't have the energy to do much. So Sunday comes around... I want to be able to hunt. If I can't have that one simple pleasure each year... Then why am I killing myself thru the week aside from providing for my wife and kids and to give my wife the chance at staying home to raise our kids. I work hard, I pay my bills and taxes... Let me have Sunday to relax a bit and do what I love during hunting season. Just my take.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default You go by the state

They are usually long held traditions, used in the state's control of deer.

Every state allows so many hunting days. Some on Sunday; some not on Sunday. The days can change, but not the total days that state allows. And Sundays mean more hunters on that day, changing the weight of how many days are hunted.

It's about all hunters; not individual hunters.

Last edited by Valentine; 10-04-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

If it was allowed in your state, then its your option, nobody is making you go on sunday! I would hunt sundays in a heartbeat if it was allowed here in VA. I work at a Ford dealership M-F 7-5, so yes, i am a weekend warrior and i know it. I also have a 8yr old son that plays on a travel baseball team so that has me tied up also. and i have a 11mo old son at home also, so i have a family to care for aswell. So any additional days would be great. I do occasionaly get out for afternoon hunts and i do hunt with a club and we run dogs on tuesdays and saturdays so i defenitly hunt with them on tuesdays, since its only a few anyway. good luck to all this season
Old 10-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

My "job" requires me to work on some Sundays. Most Sundays I go to church but some I hunt.

Last edited by Mojotex; 10-04-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

Pros: Fewer hunters afield, generally less stuff going on in general (manmade noises are fewer)
Cons: None.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default Deer going to church

[quote=Sniggle;3986130]You just need to position your stand to get the deer coming or going to church, that's all.

That is a good plan! My deer don't go to church. All they want to do is hang out in the woods partying like a bunch of groupies.

Sorry. Couldn't resist that one.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Considering that my leases are five hours away, and I have to take several days at a time per trip to keep my expenses down, hunting Sundays is a given. Glad I don't live or hunt in a state where they don't allow Sunday hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.