HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Trespassers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/373276-trespassers.html)

whitetail72 09-30-2012 10:40 PM

Trespassers

:mad: Would anyone have any ideas on what to do about guys and kids. driving ATVs on my standing corn fields and clover plots? I called the cops but without them getting them at the time. They cant do anything about it. And I cant stand back there all night every weekend.

c-rad 09-30-2012 11:11 PM

Best thing to do is video tape them make sure you have a face shot then let the authorities deal with it. Blocking off the routes might help also. I wouldn't advise using spike strips or anything else that would cause them to wreck just because it could end up in a law suit. Keep firearms out of this problem it will cause more problems than it will help.

jrbsr 10-01-2012 02:41 AM

Put up a sign/signs that says, you have put out sharp spikes, planted in secret spots to flatten their ATV tires.
And put it/them ( the signs not spikes ) every where they go in, and go out of the land.
Big enough so they can see them real good.

Just the mental image of them getting flat tires should do the trick.

Good Luck.

Night Crawler 10-01-2012 03:40 AM

Will be shot on site. Survivors will be left for yote food.

jerry d 10-01-2012 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by c-rad (Post 3985105)
Best thing to do is video tape them make sure you have a face shot then let the authorities deal with it. Blocking off the routes might help also. I wouldn't advise using spike strips or anything else that would cause them to wreck just because it could end up in a law suit. Keep firearms out of this problem it will cause more problems than it will help.

This is IMO the right way to handle it but the other ways mentioned will make you feel alot better:)

FlDeerman 10-01-2012 04:04 AM

I wonder where you could get"mine field"signs.Try putting up a trail cam,might help.

Terasec 10-01-2012 05:11 AM

picture would help,
probably someone local,
if you can get detailed description, type of atv, color, etc, cops may even know who it is, probably have problems with them elsewhere.
would plant a pole in the middle of their tracks with a no tresspassing sign also

triglet 10-01-2012 05:00 PM

hmm if you can get the chief of police home number. a couple 2 am phone calls about the people riding in your fields should get you some help!

Valentine 10-02-2012 03:55 AM

lordy, I'm glad not to own a large piece of land; one that has trail cams and video cams watching trespassers, when I'm not there; and the atv, owned by people who don't own land but need a place to ride; and your military training, unusable, against the good trespassing citizen.

Patrick Eubanks 10-02-2012 05:27 AM

I would try hanging a sign

I would simply put up no trespassing signs at visible intervals. Tack a sign under it that says no ATVs. I bet that will do the trick.