Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trespassers

Old 09-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Spike

Default Trespassers

Would anyone have any ideas on what to do about guys and kids. driving ATVs on my standing corn fields and clover plots? I called the cops but without them getting them at the time. They cant do anything about it. And I cant stand back there all night every weekend.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

Best thing to do is video tape them make sure you have a face shot then let the authorities deal with it. Blocking off the routes might help also. I wouldn't advise using spike strips or anything else that would cause them to wreck just because it could end up in a law suit. Keep firearms out of this problem it will cause more problems than it will help.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Put up a sign/signs that says, you have put out sharp spikes, planted in secret spots to flatten their ATV tires.
And put it/them ( the signs not spikes ) every where they go in, and go out of the land.
Big enough so they can see them real good.

Just the mental image of them getting flat tires should do the trick.

Good Luck.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:40 AM
Fork Horn

Will be shot on site. Survivors will be left for yote food.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by c-rad
Best thing to do is video tape them make sure you have a face shot then let the authorities deal with it. Blocking off the routes might help also. I wouldn't advise using spike strips or anything else that would cause them to wreck just because it could end up in a law suit. Keep firearms out of this problem it will cause more problems than it will help.

This is IMO the right way to handle it but the other ways mentioned will make you feel alot better
Old 10-01-2012, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder where you could get"mine field"signs.Try putting up a trail cam,might help.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

picture would help,
probably someone local,
if you can get detailed description, type of atv, color, etc, cops may even know who it is, probably have problems with them elsewhere.
would plant a pole in the middle of their tracks with a no tresspassing sign also
Old 10-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Spike

hmm if you can get the chief of police home number. a couple 2 am phone calls about the people riding in your fields should get you some help!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

lordy, I'm glad not to own a large piece of land; one that has trail cams and video cams watching trespassers, when I'm not there; and the atv, owned by people who don't own land but need a place to ride; and your military training, unusable, against the good trespassing citizen.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default I would try hanging a sign

I would simply put up no trespassing signs at visible intervals. Tack a sign under it that says no ATVs. I bet that will do the trick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.