HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   White doe (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/373244-white-doe.html)

Oneofthesedays 09-30-2012 11:25 AM

White doe

Was up in a tree on Sat looking to help a guy fill a depredation permit, when I saw something big and white materialize in some think stuff out in front of me. My first thought was geez "have wild hogs gotten this far up in to NY?". Upon closer inspection it turned out to be a completely white doe. First time I have ever seen anything like that. When it crossed an open trail about 70 yards away, I took a quick picture with my phone. I tried to put it in an album here to post it but size limit is 100 kb and the picture is more than a meg. It sure was something else to see though.

FlDeerman 09-30-2012 11:36 AM

Put it on photo bucket and then give us the link.

outdoorsman110 09-30-2012 11:58 AM

I think inbreeding can cause pi-bald and other white variations.

jrbsr 09-30-2012 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Oneofthesedays (Post 3984753)
Was up in a tree on Sat looking to help a guy fill a depredation permit, when I saw something big and white materialize in some think stuff out in front of me. My first thought was geez "have wild hogs gotten this far up in to NY?". Upon closer inspection it turned out to be a completely white doe. First time I have ever seen anything like that. When it crossed an open trail about 70 yards away, I took a quick picture with my phone. I tried to put it in an album here to post it but size limit is 100 kb and the picture is more than a meg. It sure was something else to see though.

Right click the picture, then drag it a little away and click copy.
Then open the copy with paint, then click on re-size.
Then put 50% in the box, and then when you close the copy click save.
Then try to upload it to an album.
Or email it to someone and have them post it for you.
I would like to see her.

Good Luck.

PREDATE 09-30-2012 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Oneofthesedays (Post 3984753)

Can I ask what animal the permit was for. Hogs have been spotted & killed in NY for like 5 years. There was a group of piebald up near Ft.Drum. There might be a way to re-size the photo. It would be cool to see.

OhioNovice 09-30-2012 01:35 PM

If it was older, it was probably an Albino. Piebalds don't live long because they are normally born deaf and or blind. It happens in certain pure bred dogs that breeders have inbred.

I met a woman with an all white Great Dane that was born deaf because of this defect.

Oneofthesedays 09-30-2012 02:15 PM

If a landowner can prove deer do enough damage then they can get depredation permits. Good only for does and I was told it expired on Sept 30. Deer was not a piebald because it was all white. Was too far away to see eyes. Picture was taken with iphone at 6 pm and I zoomed in as far as I could at a distance of 70 yds at least.

http://s1279.photobucket.com/albums/...=white_doe.jpg

Night Crawler 09-30-2012 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by outdoorsman110 (Post 3984769)
I think inbreeding can cause pi-bald and other white variations.

Pi bald is inbred, shoot em all. All white with pink eyes is albino. Leave her alone

furgitter 09-30-2012 05:44 PM

Im sure they taste the same as the brown ones. LOL!

croc2116 09-30-2012 06:23 PM

I am originally from Waterloo, NY and I know in the old seneca army depot, in ovid-Romulus area there is a population of white deer. These deer are not albino or piebald they are leucistic, meaning they lack all pigmentation in the hair but have the normal brown-colored eyes.