Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

White doe

Old 09-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Spike

Default White doe

Was up in a tree on Sat looking to help a guy fill a depredation permit, when I saw something big and white materialize in some think stuff out in front of me. My first thought was geez "have wild hogs gotten this far up in to NY?". Upon closer inspection it turned out to be a completely white doe. First time I have ever seen anything like that. When it crossed an open trail about 70 yards away, I took a quick picture with my phone. I tried to put it in an album here to post it but size limit is 100 kb and the picture is more than a meg. It sure was something else to see though.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Put it on photo bucket and then give us the link.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Spike

I think inbreeding can cause pi-bald and other white variations.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Oneofthesedays
Was up in a tree on Sat looking to help a guy fill a depredation permit, when I saw something big and white materialize in some think stuff out in front of me. My first thought was geez "have wild hogs gotten this far up in to NY?". Upon closer inspection it turned out to be a completely white doe. First time I have ever seen anything like that. When it crossed an open trail about 70 yards away, I took a quick picture with my phone. I tried to put it in an album here to post it but size limit is 100 kb and the picture is more than a meg. It sure was something else to see though.
Right click the picture, then drag it a little away and click copy.
Then open the copy with paint, then click on re-size.
Then put 50% in the box, and then when you close the copy click save.
Then try to upload it to an album.
Or email it to someone and have them post it for you.
I would like to see her.

Good Luck.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Oneofthesedays
Can I ask what animal the permit was for. Hogs have been spotted & killed in NY for like 5 years. There was a group of piebald up near Ft.Drum. There might be a way to re-size the photo. It would be cool to see.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

If it was older, it was probably an Albino. Piebalds don't live long because they are normally born deaf and or blind. It happens in certain pure bred dogs that breeders have inbred.

I met a woman with an all white Great Dane that was born deaf because of this defect.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Spike

If a landowner can prove deer do enough damage then they can get depredation permits. Good only for does and I was told it expired on Sept 30. Deer was not a piebald because it was all white. Was too far away to see eyes. Picture was taken with iphone at 6 pm and I zoomed in as far as I could at a distance of 70 yds at least.

http://s1279.photobucket.com/albums/...=white_doe.jpg
Old 09-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by outdoorsman110
I think inbreeding can cause pi-bald and other white variations.
Pi bald is inbred, shoot em all. All white with pink eyes is albino. Leave her alone
Old 09-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im sure they taste the same as the brown ones. LOL!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

I am originally from Waterloo, NY and I know in the old seneca army depot, in ovid-Romulus area there is a population of white deer. These deer are not albino or piebald they are leucistic, meaning they lack all pigmentation in the hair but have the normal brown-colored eyes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.