HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   hunting on Industrial owned land (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/372965-hunting-industrial-owned-land.html)

AquamanPSD 09-24-2012 09:12 AM

hunting on Industrial owned land

1 Attachment(s)
The company I work for recently moved to my home state. There is a very large industrial park that ownes what I would guess to be 50-75 acres of wooded land that looks prime for some urban bow hunting pretty close to the office. Has anyone ever gotten permission to hunt from a company or realestate place like this? I know it is a very long shot but I figured it was worth a try. Anybody have any ideas as to how to present my case? Here is a picture of what the property looks like. Obviously not gun hunting!

Terasec 09-24-2012 09:21 AM

how large of a company?
it would be a matter of requesting permission from right contact in the company,
company might have a land acquisition/management department you have to contact.
some companies already have established policies about using company owned land

uncle matt 09-24-2012 02:11 PM

Take my advise on this one.

A large company, when asked on a high level, official basis - is going to say no. Policies, insurance, liability, etc.....

You need to ask a site foreman or superintendent. Someone who has management or authority at the particular property.

You may need to "encourage" him a bit if you know what I mean.

Valentine 09-25-2012 03:22 AM

The small size attracted my attention

It's not only getting permission; it's keeping it "private". Won't take many hunters and walkers to ruin 70 acres. Does it have small connection land for deer travel. Without the latter, it gets rather difficult. Having a small stream through the property helps.

It was silent in; silent out. Deer got dragged to an obscure place and went into the trunk of a backed up auto. Never went hunting too close to a property line. A groupie need not apply. It was archery only.

kyslayer 09-26-2012 12:35 PM

does crescent springs or fort wright even allow hunting? That spot is more than likely a no hunting zone. I live in highland heights ky

kyslayer 09-26-2012 12:37 PM

I have buddies that four wheel there all the time they get on it from eubanks rd.... thats a high traffic place for four wheelers it prolly wont work out that great unfortunately

MIZ_hunter7 09-26-2012 12:39 PM

Just approach it from a conservation stand point. That you're doing it to also provide for your family (if you have one). But keep it on the down low. Don't wanna be sharing that piece of property with too many people. That's what has happened to where I hunt. Our newest employee 4 years ago decided to hunt the company property with me. Dang guy has ruined it for gun season. Now I have to get in during archery season to get my bucks.

AquamanPSD 09-28-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by kyslayer (Post 3983088)
I have buddies that four wheel there all the time they get on it from eubanks rd.... thats a high traffic place for four wheelers it prolly wont work out that great unfortunately

Yea after thinking about it a little it's probably illeagal anyway. Plus the odds of them giving me permission and not everybody else and their brother are next to nill. I don't think 4wheelers bother deer much as long as they get used to it. Good to know there another NKYer on here. I'm a little south in Atown.

Terasec 09-28-2012 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by AquamanPSD (Post 3983912)
Yea after thinking about it a little it's probably illeagal anyway. Plus the odds of them giving me permission and not everybody else and their brother are next to nill. I don't think 4wheelers bother deer much as long as they get used to it. Good to know there another NKYer on here. I'm a little south in Atown.

its worth asking and looking into,
maybe they dont mind someone they know checking in on the property,
especially if they have stuff/equipment stored there,
i would try to get it in writting, as verbal permission wont mean squat if something goes wrong,

kyslayer 09-30-2012 06:13 PM

its illegal he cant hunt there.... but verbal permission is all you need legally in ky if it was legal... only time written permission is required is if the property is posted"no hunting" strange but thats our law