Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Hunting smarter: induce earlier rut????? >

Hunting smarter: induce earlier rut?????

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting smarter: induce earlier rut?????

Old 09-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hunting smarter: induce earlier rut?????

I'm no expert/scientist, but I sure do brainstorm alot about wildlife behavior. Most of us probably already have a grasp on all of this, but I'm just hoping to add encouragement to all of us. I'm a firm believer that if you want something bad enough and you do the best in your ability that sooner or later, the opprotunity will present itself.

Nature in itself is unpredictable, but it "naturally" balances out.
There are however, conditions that can impact the timing of certain "natural" occurances.
In my belief, human/hunting pressure can vastly impact deer movement, although it is somewhat controlled by practicing scent control, and being observant of wind direction. Scouting the pre-season 1-2 times per week will probably be tolerated by the deer, but when season starts with a barrage of human presence, they will start to realize that nighttime is the safe time. When they go nocturnal it decreases the chances of seeing them during legal shooting light.
My theory, advice, tip on all of this is to just be as non-intrusive as possible. If the deer's fear subsides, then "nature" will start to take it's course and they'll feel more comfortable during the day. If the deer are scared for their lives, then they'll have to cruise the scrapelines after dark, which I think will slow down the onset of rutting behavior.
So by us being smarter about scent,wind and how we approach the stand, we will keep the deer calm and more care-free (good for us)!!!
Hey thanks for reading guys. I apologize if I was all over the place with this. It made sense in my head!lol I'm pretty out of it right now. My Sunday from 8am-10pm was spent driving to, attending and driving home from my fiance's grandma's funeral. I can't sleep so it's gonna be a long(azz draggin') day! 1 week from now I'll be suiting up and heading to my stand!! Yee yeee yeee "LIVE ACTION"