Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How far away is you deer camp? >

How far away is you deer camp?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How far away is you deer camp?

Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Spike

I agree, try to camp close to the truck if you can. Two reasons, less impact and also God forbid but if something happens you have your way out/transportation right there instead of the other side of the property. I would say no fire unless it is cold and if it were me I would just throw some firewood in the back of my truck to have if I needed it. You won't need a chord of wood...just 10 or 15 pieces of good dry wood should allow you to warm up, cook dinner, and then hit the sleeping bag.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Three hours.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

40 min each way is nothing !!!! i do it all the time.If you were talking 2 hrs plus then ya ..
Old 09-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

I camp where we hunt once a year and I love it! I have my camp on the oppisite side of the property that I hunt and I have not had an issue. During the day you should be out hunting most of the time so just bring TP and snacks. in the evening I have a small fire and just use scent away wipes to help get the fire smell off of me in the morning when I am about to change into my hunting gear which I keep in a scent locking container away from the fire. You should be fine and enjoy yourself!
Old 09-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

My camp is 83 miles from where I live. We have campers we stay in over night. There is no way I would want to stay in the woods at my place. I did a couple times when I was younger but not now.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Im definitely going to have to camp out, hopefully before it gets too cold. Im 25 and dare I say "rough and tumble", so it sounds like a fun experience. I may really rough it and not take any food, and then try get some squirrels or dove for dinner. Im getting excited already! Have to remember to get some scent-lok bags for my hunting clother, thats a good idea.

Ask I friend to go with me and his reply was, "are you going to borrow someones camper?"
Old 09-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

5 minutes and 50 yards from the septic mounds. Bwhahaha