Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer come near road

Old 09-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

I would move. If your area is anything like ours, the road hunters, will already know of your spot. You don't wanna be sitting there when one of them comes along !
Old 09-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes,from one of my best hunting spots,I could see the morning school bus pass.The deer know the road is there it's not hurt them so why should they care.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

If a truly mature deer is your goal, move. I would not expect a mature deer to visit that spot, especially if you have road hunters. But, you never know. Deer do crazy things during the rut.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

Hunt it early morning! I'm sure the deer cross back and forth all night long. Approach your stand well before daylight. Maybe give a call or two (fawn bleat) just before it gets light out.
Good luck!

Last edited by PREDATE; 09-15-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Spike

As stated, as long as the deer haven't/aren't being harassed by the vehicles on the road(road hunters, or the like) then they wont be bothered. If you are looking to harvest a mature trophy, then you will probably want to move a little further into the cover, as most mature bucks will most likely only be exposed after dark. Good Luck
Old 09-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

well, the bait got ate... obviously they are coming in. tracks dont taste so good, but it is sign. look for big dew claws in the tracks...give ya an idea of how big/old they are. a cam?
trip wire....something to give ya a time. stayin down wind? or yer blind is where it is and whatever way the wind blows you have to deal with?